Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

just a short rant

Im feeling a bit angry and agitated and projecting it onto others in my household over trivial things,my youngest brother ate a bag of corn chips that was suposed to be mine,also annoyed by his obnoxious teen behaviour of not caring or considering others need clean clothes to wear not just him,I called him a spoiled brat and swore in no uncertain terms that hes acting intitled and needs to think of and consider others aka appreciate that I bother to buy food so that he can eat,and the least he can do is to be considerate that others may also want said snacks,other than that its kind of a reflection on my own behaviour as I have felt internally frustrated at how I am not showing appreciation to someone in my personal life,as well as I started sounding like my mother unfortunetly by the choice of words I used to say to my brother sheesh,ILL calm down but we are currently short of food as it is and Ive really pushed myself to use what we have to cook dinner every night till next pay day and so Im annoyed and dont feel appreciated for putting in effort which strangely sounds simular as to how someone may be feeling towards me at the moment for not showing enough appreciation of their efforts towards me ,sounds like a few of us need a lessopn in grattitude for people who nother to care and bother to show effort without getting any effort back to them in return sheesh,I am safe just venting thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: just a short rant

I think the most important part is you have acknowledged how you’re feeling and that you are being triggered , and you’re acknowledging that it wasn’t particularly the person but how you were feeling. I kinda have outbursts a lot when I’m anxious I’ve found acknowledging to others that you are feeling a particular way and that it’s not anything they have done but you just feel like this .. helps. I’ve had to apologise and found communication helps so much particularly when maybe your frustration is spilling out. Also it isn’t your fault either and not being too hard on yourself , I hope this helped. It’s easy to be hard on ourselves but we have good and bad days , I guess all we can do is communicate to others that we feel certain feelings and try and really emphasises that they don’t take it personal , and show understanding as your feeling sensitive
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance