Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lostandalone
Senior Contributor

anxiety and stress levels through the roof

I really dont know how much more I can take

Just when I think I am on the up... something happens and i go spiralling further down... it is very much a case of one step forward... 10 steps back.

I have just moved from my long term family home.. and that certainly didnt come easily or without problems.. which was a HUGE stress.  to add to all of this I have also been having alot of trouble at work with what can only be described as victimisation and work place bullying for the last few months

I feel like I am drowing... I just want to go to sleep and never wake up... I am constantly on edge and shaking like a leaf.. i can think straight... I cant function 

Yesterday I went back to work after having a week off to move house... I was feeling ok.. not great but ok... about an hour in I was called up to HR to be told that I was being sent home because over the last few months... (when I have been having the work place issues)... my mental health had suffered and I had mentioned that it was possibly  making me feel suicidal.(even though I dont think I would carry out anything)... so they did not think I was fit to be at work and I was not to return until I could get a letter from a psychologist saying I was fit to be there...

This has sent me spiralling again... and all I want to do is cry... sleep and hide away from everyone and everything.  I wonder why I even bother anymore

I just wish they would leave me alone and let me get on with things

8 REPLIES 8

Re: anxiety and stress levels through the roof

Hey @Lostandalone I am really sorry to hear that work has requested this of you without much heads up, certainly the last thing you need after moving, moving can be super stressful so well done on getting that all done. Are you booked in with the Psych to get that letter for HR? Or are you feeling that's a bit much right at the minute? It can be really hard to stay focused when we're in a toxic work environment, so remember there's options for you such as fairwork, no one should tolerate bullying of any kind especially not in your job. Let us know how you're travelling today, would you be up for getting in touch with the SANE Help Centre? They're really good for a confidential chat and have both phone and web 🙂 

@nashy thank you for your reply..

I am booked to see my psychologist on Friday....

@Lostandalone  I’m pleased you have an appointment with your psych on Friday.

There is so much stress, huge stress, with moving. And on top of that, you have work stress.

I have moved recently, and know too well the stress, anxiety and exhaustion it leaves us feeling. 

I am sorry your work place has bullying issues. Something needs to be done, as it’s never acceptable.

Welcome to the forums. 

I have again woken in a flood of tears and a shaky mess... 2 days in a row... I really dont know how much more of this I can take... this is not me

@Lostandalone  Hearing you. 💜💜

Do you have a friend or family member you could call.? I understand you might not want to also.

Just letting you know I hear you, and it feels awful. I’ve been there. Many of us here on the forums understand exactly what you are going through.

Take care where you can

@Maggie thank you for your reply

I am the kind of person who doesnt like to burdon my friends with my problems.. which of course is a problem in itself...

I have just made an appointment o tgo see my GP today..  not that that will help.. but it is a start

Hey there @Lostandalone it's definitely a really hard place to be. You are not alone here and are amongst friends Heart Would you be up for giving our Help Centre a call? They open at 10am eastern time, and do both chat and phone. They're a really nice group of counsellors, I hope it helps if you need.

I understand that feeling well @Lostandalone  not wanting to burden others.

Do you feel you could ring the chat line that @nashy  has mentioned.?

GP is a start. Good on you making the effort, it’s hard to do.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance