Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Skullworld
Casual Contributor

anxiety and lonely

I am lonely, I recently endured 2 months in a psychiatric hospital with Major Depression from Dec-Jan this year discharged early Feb, and I felt alone and lonely there even though I shared a bedroom with another patient for that time.
He didn't speak to me at all.
I didn't introduce myself either until the 2nd month, but at least I knew his name and he told me why he was in hospital for. I broke the silence and it felt a little better....So after discharge, I reconnected with friends and family....even organised a sing-a-long birthday party at our local coffee shop...And continued to reclaim my life and all my usual activities.
Then the virus arrived and changed all that, and I'm self-isolating at home now and finding it difficult...
I'm sure I am not the only person to be experiencing this isolation and others maybe having a tougher time because of being retrenched and unemployed.It's now
unchartered unprecedented
times ahead for all of us, but we are all in the same boat! just on different levels...🤔
Let's hope humanity can practice loving kindness now!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: anxiety and lonely

Hearing you @Skullworld 

and hoping you are right and humanity learns some good lessons from all this.

Join in other threads or post here as you feel ...

Take Care and Be Safe.

Apple

Thanks....

Hey @Skullworld firstly massive props to you for shifting things once you got out of hospital and making real solid time for re-connecting with family and friends. It can take a lot of strength to do that, especially after such adversity and commitment to recovery. The virus definitely has stopped people from engaging in social interaction, but it is finite - the ability to reconnect and form new bonds with people will always be available to you. Our community is here in the mean time, we can listen to you and support on a peer level, you as you need Heart Feel free to also drop into the Introduce Yourself thread here. How are you feeling today?

I'm feeling stressed and anxious. Because of the self-isolating requirement.
I am keeping in contact with my friends and family..
But being confined to the house is affecting me...

There was an error when I joined the site and set up my account...ID35B3A8EF
1st of April...
Can you report it for me?

Hi @Skullworld Smiley Happy

I'm sorry you're feeling stressed and anxious. Smiley Sad This self-isolating and being confined to the house thing is like icing on the cake for people who are already  struggling with their mental health issues. I am feeling for you! Heart

It is great that you are still linked in with family and friends. However, if you need some professional support, please feel more than welcome to reach out to the SANE Help Centre via phone (1800 18 72 63) or online chat, here.

In terms of any errors when signing up to the SANE Forums, I would suggest for you to email the forums team about this matter at team@saneforums.org. Hopefully, we can help you to resolve any issues via this platform.

Kindest Regards,

Amour_Et_Psyché

I am still having problems with understanding and navigating this application..
I typed in a long message explaining my situation and I must have touched the screen and my message and the App disappeared..
Bugger!

Hi @Skullworld Smiley Happy

We have received your email regarding technical issues and difficulty navigating the SANE Forums platform in our team@saneforums.org email inbox. This email will be passed onto our Community Managers who will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.

I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance