Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

tisme
Senior Contributor

all alone what do I do

my anxiety is through the roof, my depression is through the floor.  diagnosed with 3 forms of arthritis,  having trouble with the new hearing aids ( both ears ) having just been diagnosed with moderate to severe hearling loss.  and i find out I have a lump.  will find out what it is on Wednesday. to get there I have to catch a cab to the station a bus to Nambour, and back again , so apart from the cost that I cant afford, the trip will result in agony for me ( arthriits and spine issues.  cant get transport help  What then ?? I cant get to treatment if its cancer. what happens to my autistic daughter?? we have no family , friends I thought we had we dont.  the neighbours are not firendly I worry about leaving daughter alone  I cant take any more. Do i have to do something drastic ?? is that my only choice?/  Im really at my wits end 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: all alone what do I do

Hey Tisme, 

I had breast cancer a few years ago.  I had the same worry about transport for treatment and a social worker at the hospital said that if we need treatment, they will make sure that we can get there.  Talk to your doctor or a social worker and they'll help you work out whats best for you.

Remember, not all lumps are automatically cancer.  It could be a cyst or non malignant lump.  Even if it is cancer, treatment has come a long long way in the past 20 years and isnt always done completely in a hospital setting.

Hang in there and try not to get ahead of yourself.  Its all very worrying until you get some answers. 

how do I get a social worker ?? ,im so tired of things going wrong it seems like one disaster after another,

I'd ask your doctor. I had a nurse put me onto one when I was diagnosed with cancer. She found all sorts of help for me, that I couldn't get previously. 

Sadly, I found that being diagnosed with cancer opened doors to get help for me, where previously I had been asking for years and with "only" a mental illness they didnt want to help.  The difference was incredible!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance