Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Loserkiki
Casual Contributor

When is it time to give up?

I am constantly sick I get every bug have so many medical issues, I am failing at life, it is affecting everyone around me. I achieve nothing I am constantly failing, every attempt to lift myself up fails. At what point should we see the benefit in suicide rather than having to suffer everyday so other people won’t be sad?

13 REPLIES 13

Re: When is it time to give up?

Well this has been super helpful

@Loserkiki. I think suicide is a decision that only the individual can make.  But not lightly.  We keep taking our meds,  talking to our  psychologists,  checking in with our psychiatrist.  Hoping there will be some relief soon from our mental anguish. 

A month ago I attempted suicide.  Today,  I'm  glad I failed.  Today I have no depression. Today I can cope. 

Sounds like your depression  has a big hold on you at the moment.  Negative self talk.  Illness. Pain.  Very common  with depression. 

Are you  taking any medication or seeing a psychologist?. They do help.Hope to hear from you soon. 

Hi @Loserkiki

Welcome to the forums, it is very brave of you to come on here and be so upfront about how difficult things are at the moment. I'm sorry that your medical issues are so challenging and you are not feeling a lot of hope at the moment. I can hear you have been trying very hard recently and that takes a lot out of a person. 

I have sent you an email to check in with you, as you mentioned thinking about or questioning the benefits of suicide. 

I hope you find the forums supporting and helpful. Please feel free to have a look around at different discussions and if you would like to 'tag' another member just put @ in front of their username. 

Just be aware there is a lot of activity in the forums tonight in our moderated discussion on loneliness tonight  here if you would like to take part or have a look. No pressure. 

Take care, 

Tortoiseshell 

@Loserkiki I know what this point can feel like, I question it so often. It’s not that I want to die, it’s like I just want the pain to stop. The constant battle with myself is exhausting. I’m like you I catch every bug, I stress and I get sick from stress like colds that last months and I end up bed ridden.

I want to say don’t give up and keep pushing on but that is always easier said than done. But please if you can try not to give up, because you’re not alone and there is other out there like us and talking about it to others who understand feels so much easier. I’m always here if you need to vent/chat about anything. I can’t always offer amazing advice but I’m always prepared to listen because when I’m at my breaking points all I want is someone to just care and listen.

I hope you’re okay @Loserkiki

@utopia I have minimal meds and no longer seeing my psychiatrist as I can’t afford it and my psychologist died 17 months ago and I can’t see a new one.

i have chronic illness and feel like a burden everyday I am surrounded by my failure and it is painful.

why can’t we pay for good help like a HECS debt pay it off when we becoming functioning  human beings

@utopia Do you think you needed to nearly die to get over it?

@BluJay Yes I want all the bad things to die, if that could happen it would be amazing but it is unlikely. The older my daughter gets the more I become a burden to her, she is 10 she is starting to see the failure I am, I would rather she remembers me in a good way

Trying to afford decent mental health care is so hard @Loserkiki. I'm  lucky in a way that mine is under WorkCover. 

But it sounds like your depression  may be worse than  a year or 2 ago.  So you may need to find a way to get to see a psychiatrist for a medication review.  What about using the local community mental health team and seeing their psychiatrist ? 

No I don't think I had to almost die to 'feel's or get better.  It was simply that I ended up in hospital  afterwards and my psychiatrist reduced one meh that was at toxic levels and hurting my mental health  and he added a mood stabiliser.  Within days  - no more depression - after an 18 month long episode.  It was  a tough 18 months. 

@utopia Sorry if I was a bit insensitive, I don’t think I need a psychiatrist I have gone broke paying for 5 years and she wouldn’t listen to me when I told her my side effects so I took myself off some meds with my Dr permission. I don’t trust free doctors my surgery had a psychiatrist come on board he told me he wouldn’t see me unless it was ok with my former psychiatrist. I don’t want meds now I don’t think they help, I was devastated when my psychologist died finding a new one is expensive. I don’t think you should have gone through 18 months of hell to have the problem fixed only after you attempted to end your life, they only really care if you are going to or have attempted suicide.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance