Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Trying to be happy, isn’t working

Dear @Peri 

Thank you for your post to me back on 24th May.  Seems such a long time ago now.  Yes thankyou my birthday was pleasant enough, and dinner out with a few of hubbys friends and my sister went okay.  All very low key.

Ha ha ... I had to laugh at you saying that turning 67 shocked the hell out of you.  I think I know what you mean.

So good to hear that your wrist is starting to improve.  Hopefully much more so since you last wrote. Having physio will help, but yes I expect you are right about expecting pain and discomfort for some time yet.  I understand it was quite a bad break.  Have you had any ongoing issues from the head knock and brain trauma?

Your dogs being sweet but naughty, sounds like our typical much loved K9 companions.  We can be a little bit lenient with them sometimes I think.  I'm just very lucky that my Holly is an extremely well behaved little girl, despite my lack of discipline at times.  Thankfully she does not make me pay for that leniency.  My girl hates going out for a pee in wet weather, and will leave it until she absolutely has to go. She is okay when its cold, provided its not wet.  But she is out and back in again as quick as a flash.

Our weather here has been just gorgeous ... up until today that is.  Perfect autumn weather, cooler nights be beautiful cloudless and windless days where you can run around in short sleeves very comfortably.  Today ... well ... a total turnaround.  Gale force winds, blustery and damaging.  Driving rain and freezing temperatures.  The wind blowing off the mountains inland of here, where there has been snow.  So its definitely been an inside day today.

My husband picked up really considerably while in hospital and immediately after, but worryingly he has taken a few backward steps in the past week.  I dont know whats going on there, but I am concerned.  Although he is still much improved to pre hospital, I would have expected that he would continue to improve, rather than start going backwards. Its possible they needed to keep him on higher doses of steriods for a longer period, in order to get the encephalitis under control.

So tell me ... did you get that biggest pile of ironing done?  I imagine ironing would be a very difficult proposition whilst nursing a recently broken wrist.  I hope you didnt take on more than you should have?  Or was that considered to be part of your ongoing physio?  

I would welcome hearing how you are doing now @Peri .  Sending you kindest wishes.

Sherry 💕

Dear @Former-Member @Shaz51  and others who check up on me,

Here in Perth we are in the grip of a grey June. It has rained quite a bit too.

my arm is getting better after my fall, the cast has been off for a few weeks now, but it is still painful at times and I have limited movement.  I am having therapy for it and have exercises to do.

there are still things I can’t do, but I can knit again, and am finishing a shawl I started a while ago

i have been feeling a bit better lately, I try to achieve something everyday,and to take my dogs for a walk.  

I do not like winter and crave sunshine. I wish I could think of something interesting to say, but I can’t.  I thank those who post to me and offer support, it does mean a lot 

peri

hello @Peri Heart

glad you are here my friend , glad you are feeling a bit better

one day at a time xx

glad to hear you can knit again

do you like crosswords puzzles , my mum does

yes love to have some sunshine here too

@Former-Member  is away visiting her sick mum at the moment , back she will be soo happy to hear from you

so keep writting my friend HeartHeart

Hi @Shaz51 

@thank you for your kindness.  Today I am feeling very low and sad.  I am sick of trying to feel stronger and happier.  I feel so alone in it .  The sun is shining here and I love winter sunshine, but even that is not cheering me today.  My son who I live with is nearly constantly critical of me and it makes me so unhappy, he is never loving or warm towards me.  It makes me feel unlovable and unworthy.  I will soon be turning 68, I don’t like that and I have wasted so many opportunities in my life.  

I pray for some small joy

peri

8AE7B054-8D1F-48B4-A35B-B6E452D89D07.jpeg

@Peri 💐💕

Thank you

💜 @Peri 

here for you my darling @Peri HeartHeart

hello and hugs @Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom , @BryanaCamp , xxx

@Peri, are you ok my friend , here for you xx

Dear @Shaz51 

thanks for your support. I am currently really struggling with the depression and anxiety.  I feel really low and terrible and can find no joy.  I can usually do something that will lift me out even a bit, but the last two weeks have been awful.  My future feels really bleak to me and I don’t know how to face it or cope with these feelings. I don’t expect anyone to come up with a miracle cure, but the support here means a lot

peri

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance