Forums Home

Carers Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Somethingโ€™s not right

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer diagnosis

Thinking of you @Sherry as Mr D put on NRL grand final and noticed your mob playing.๐Ÿ˜€

@Sherry
I know things have been tough for you so wanted to see how you are going? and if I can help in any way?
๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’š

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer and Parkinsons Disease diagnoses

Thanks @outlander  ๐Ÿ’•  but no, no one can help. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer and Parkinsons Disease diagnoses

well then ill come sit beside you and refill your cup @Sherry its the least I can do. Heart

That would be nice @outlander  .. thankyou. And I can provide a cold compress for your sore jaw. ๐Ÿ˜€

Highlighted

Thank you @Sherry sounds good to me โ˜•๐ŸŒป

G'day @Sherry 

I thought I saw this thread a while ago mentioning Parkinson's Disease but then it disappeared and then I assumed I was imagining it. We never seem to take ourselves seriously when we haven't been well. 

Its an awful disease, it is on both sides of my family and I freak out that I will get it occasionally. I don't really get health anxiety but every now and then I will worry about that. I don't know what sort of quality the research was, but I have read stats on people with PTSD having a higher risk....I hope to get my fitness up again, increase all the muscle that I lost so I can go jogging again. I am trying my best with nutrition and that's all we can do really. Your husband has suffered a lot in this life, and it would be really distressing for you managing his chronic conditions. We take our bodies for granted until something goes terribly wrong. 

I hope that you are holding up OK and that your own PTSD hasn't been to distressing. 

Cuddly Corn Heart

For urgent assistance, call: