Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Supporting an already Depressed Partner through Cancer diagnosis

thanks for the update @Former-Member
Sounds like lots is happening. im sorry about your mum having infections, and them also refusing help. i hope they will one day accept the help thats offerred.

Good to hear about your Hubby improving, thats really good.
You said your at home.. does that mean youve got little Holly with you too?

❤❤❤

Thanks @outlander 

Yes, thats right, I arrived home yesterday evening. Called into the neighbours place to collect Holly on my way through.

I missed her so much while away. I woke up one night in my hotel room, afraid and in a wild panic. When I didnt feel Holly alongside me as I normally would, I panicked all over again. It was a difficult night that one.

She's beside me now though, has not left my side all the time Ive been back home. The neighbour has offered to look after her again when I return to the hospital tomorrow. Probably a good idea in case hubbys discharge does not take place tomorrow after all. And even if it does, its going to be a long day. So I will drop her off on my way through. They have a little tenterfield terrier and they get along well together. 

Im going to try to get an early night tonight, and hopefully feel a bit more rested in the morning. And ready for the all day return trip.

Sherry 😴💜

Aw shes a little cutie @Former-Member  your neighbours sound nice offerring to take care of her while your away. Good  she has a little friend to keep her company  too. 

An early night sounds  wise. Hoping you can get a decent sleep. Safe travels for tomorrow 💕💕

@Former-Member  Hi Sherry thank you for update on how you and hubby are going. Apologies because of my mi I find it hard to digest long posts so it will take me today to go through it. I just wanted to let you know that I am reading it and thinking of you at this time and hope that hubby and you get home asap. Love greenpeaxxx

Some good news in amongst all that for you @Former-Member It is great that your hubby may be able to come home todat but I hear you with how he may be now that he is impoving when he gets home. I do hope that he does not bring that controlling side of him back out.

Your mum cancelling all help is not a good thing. If they cannot do the simple things like housework or cooking then it seems ineviatble that they will need to move to a nursing home. It is such a difficult situation for everyone.

It is going to be a long day for you with all the driving so take plenty of breaks when you need them so you can get home safely.Hon. Heart

Thanks @Zoe7. I am heading off shortly. Havent heard from the hospital yet, so will call them before I go, just to make sure all still going well. Yes there is some good news there. Great to finally get that diagnosis, something I have suspected would be the case. But it still needed to be assessed and properly treated to kick the AE in the butt, or head in this case. Its just unfortunate that the steriods, which are used to treat AE, just happens to make people angry and aggressive. Something which Hubby has a natural tendency to be already. Not an ideal mix, but we will get through it. Hoping he doesnt need to be on it quite as long this time, and we will be able to wean off it in coming months. It took over 12 months last time.

Its okay @greenpea, I totally understand. I included you here because you often ask how things are going. Thanks for your support.

Yep @outlander, Holly is a real cutie.

Okay, will hit the road soon. Got a half decent sleep last night, so thats a good start.

@Starta - I saw your support button on my post from yesterday. So nice to see you. I was thinking of you yesterday and wondering if you would hear from your sons on the day. I hope you are doing well.

Sherry 🌺😊💕

@Former-Member  I have just finished reading it and oh my you have so much going on I really wish everything goes well today and yes please keep me in the loop as I consider your a friend on sane and am interested even it takes me awhile to read through posts. :)xxxx

Thinking of you @Former-Member 

Walking along with you too @Former-Member .  I can hear that you’re bracing yourself in readiness for more of hubby’s bad temper, particularly under the influence of the steroids.  I hope you have scope to build breathers into your day, and escape for famine “me” time when you need it.

I left the hospital last night after visiting my baby dragon, and the last place I wanted to go was “home” ..... so I called a friend in tears, and although it was Morhers Day, she cancelled her prospective plans for the evening and had me come over.

Sonetines we just need to break out for a while.

Please keep looking after you ❣️

@Former-Member Heart
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance