Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Chris
Senior Contributor

Stresses about stress test results

Had a stress test on Tuesday. I kept telling them that i thoughthe problems ive been having are a result of stress in my life. My gp just wanted to make sure there was no undelaying problem.

I managed the treadmill ok, but had problems when i sat up after resting.  I had dr and nurse watching me closely asking if i felt ok. I put it down to anxiety being watched. Not so sure now.

My gp wants to see me about the results on Monday. So you guessed it, Im now stressed about the results, and have to wait over the weekend. Grrrrr

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Stresses about stress test results

Hi @Chris its really lovely to see you again though im sorry about the circumstance. Can definitely understand how anxiety provoking tests and gettting results are... I'm hoping the weekend goes quickly for you so it will be out of the way. Sometimes waiting for something can make everything worse.At least though if they are happy for you to wait over the weekend for the results they aren't in emergency panic mode! when they call daily you have to worry hehe...
Hope other areas of your life are going ok at the moment? Have you had your grandkids visiting lately?
Take care of you

Grandchildren comming tommorow. So will be busy with them most of the day. Sunday going out to lunch with my daughter her son and my hubby. At least i have a morning appointment with my gp on Monday. Everything else is the same (family stresses, wont go into here. Two major problems) i guess thats the nature of family life.

So i guess i just have to limit my catastrophising and as you say, it cant be too bad or they would have called me in much sooner. 

Thanks for your support. It means alot to me.

Yeah no reason to make the problem bigger in your head, sounds like you'll have a great weekend and when you're in the company of your family you'll feel even better.

Thanks.

I havent told family  as yet. I dont want to add to their stress levels.

I think i just needed to share it with someone

Thank you both once again. I feel more settled now.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance