Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Really wobbly

hopefully some of these help @frog

let me know if you would like any other strategies- ive got alot of different coping strategies besides grounding and mindfullness exercises

Thanks for all those @outlander The grounding exercises help me to stay present.

thats great @frog i really hope some of these help you.

let us know how you go tomorrow and what you found helped, didnt help Heart

Slowing down breathing - is helping @outlander I also have a tecnique where I focus on the outbreathe.

im glad those are helping you @frog 

i find the slowing down breathing one helps me too. i often use that one or something similar @utopia has a really great breathing technique as well

@frog @outlander. Yes I often do 3 or 5 long deep breaths. After that I find it easier to find a natural breathing rythem

I'm having a bad run. Monday my psychiatrist was sick and cancelled my appointment. Yesterday my home of 19 years was sold. I'm down and the anxiety is overwhelming because I have to move and find a place to live and increase my work hours to cover rent. Rents are crazy in Canberra. Probably same everywhere. It seems insurmountable. Like things are falling in on me. Trying to look for positives. Have managed to turn up to work. No signs of mania/mixed episode even with enormous stress. 

hey @frog

ive only jsut found these notifications

how are you feeling today?

Good to hear from you @outlander. Have had a hellish 3 days on the housing front. Really struggling to keep my head above water. I feel like my anxiety is paralysing just when I need to be energetic and get things done. I did get to see my psychiatrist in the end and he's adjusting my medication to 'put a floor under you' in terms of mood. I said I thought that it was working, but that I am flat on the floor and having trouble moving. Trying to put one foot in front of the other and just keep going. How are things for you? Do you want to tell me about you? I would like to get to know some people better in forum land.

Oh yes anxiety can be delibitating @frog im glad you got to see your psychiatrist and they are doing something for you.
Just keep putting one foot in front of the other, lots of self care and also rewards as well.

Im going ok today. Its been a rough last few days but today is an easy going day full of house work.
What sort of things would you like to know?

Your more than welcome to join in to a few chat threads.... you can join in at will or i can introduce you to them and some of the members if you like but thats up to you whatever your comfortable with 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance