Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

frog
Community Elder

Really wobbly

Any advice and suggestions about how to stay grounded and do self care much appreciated. I have some big stressors in my life right now. That combined with Bipolar 1 and Anxiety is really knocking me around. Trying to sell home as result of marriage breakdown, pay debts, find new home. My daughter (who is my main support) is leaving home (can't blame her). I have a young son to look after and I'm trying to protect him from the strain of the situation. All this is coming off the back of a mixed episode, which has recently been replaced by plumetting mood and skyrocketing anxiety. I am teary and on the verge of panic and need to talk myself down - there's noone else to do it. The future is scaring me.

952 REPLIES 952

Re: Really wobbly

I'm going to tag @outlander here because she's awesome with passing on excellent grounding and mindfulness techniques which could be of help to you.

My best advice for you is to keep posting here. Vent, nut out your feelings. We'll all be here listening @frog. I'm sorry to hear life stress is overwhelming for you at the moment. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @frog

Sounds like you are really reaching out to help yourself, actively looking for ways to help yourself i mean. I have a lot of trouble iwth anxiety but not related to bipolar stuff. Alot of the times i tend to just have to push through the stuff that is causing the most anxiety because  it's unavoidable situational stuff. People say that pushing through it shows you that you can do it... but haven't really found any relief in that sentiment.

Glad you are reaching out here. Is there anything in particular that is worrying you or causing the anxiety to go so high that you can/ or want to talk about here? The future is so unknown its also frightening for me. I try to keep a pretty fixed schedule and routine for the immediate stuff but its anything beyond the next day or week that is more terrifying for me.

Hope you're doing ok,

lj

Thanks @Former-Member routine helps me too. I guess my anxiety is mostly around all the housing stuff and it is really upending my routine. I have touble with the 'just go with it' sentiment but my default, which is holding on too tight in an effort to control, just makes things worse. I'm trying to find a balance.

Former-Member
Not applicable

its so hard @frog - housing stuff is always overwhelming. im so lucky to have stable housing, though its tied to my work, so there is some extra pressure there...
I can understand holding on too tight and needing that control. I think i sometimes hold on so tight to the way things are that i cant loosen my grip to all anything to change (for good as well as bad..) opportunities pass me by because of this i think.

Wow @Former-Member 'cant loosen my grip to all anything to change (for good as well as bad..)' That sounds so much like me. I also feel like if I loosen my grip I'll fall. I guess it's a matter of degrees. Maybe it's like a messy knot and can only ease bit by bit.

Former-Member
Not applicable

yes... exactly @frog - i feel like everything is all connected too if one thing goes it will all go! like a house of cards i guess... love that on here, we're not so different, not so alone in the things we think/feel.
i also like the idea of loosening the knot bit by bit. i guess everything in small increments will get us where we want to be... Now... where do we want to be?

We are with you @frog Smiley Happy HeartHeart

Thank you @Shaz51 I do feel less alone since I joined the forum. It is hard to make these sort of connections in my day to day life. I find mornings the hardest when I'm anxious. It feels relentless. If I can just get moving, however slowly, it sometimes eases a bit later in the day. Hope your day goes ok too.

It's a relief to find other people with similar struggles @Former-Member I haven't been able to connect like this in my day to day world. As to where I want to go, when I'm feeling so bad I can't even think like that. It's really important for me to remind myself that these mind-battles ebb and flow. Right now it's full on. I see my psychiatrist tomorrow and I suspect he'll want to adjust my medication. This is a good thing, though I find myself worrying about the $ I need to find for the consultation. Thanks for engaging. It helps.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance