Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

I am not making meals for mum now as she is getting meals on wheels all week Smiley Very Happy

mr shaz is worried too as he feels he is deterriating , soo will have to think of some help for us xxxx

Alas @Shaz51  - this is a tough stage of life for all concerned

It sounds as if your Mum has had enough - I feel supportive of her choices - I so do - she is happy being at home and I am glad you don't have to cook for her because she has meals on wheels

But yes - you are still running around of course - and yes - check her mail - and does she have domestic help now or are you doing that too

I asked if someone had a DNR in place for an elderly parent - was that you? Is your mum ready to sign something like that - it might seem so because she is preparing herself I am sure - 

Both my parents had a DNR - this meant that their wishes for a peaceful end were respected - there was no drama at the time - I am sure this is easier for many people whose parents are reaching the end

But so hard for you Shaz - and Mr Shaz is deteriorating too - and I replied to where you shared that he has missed his morning medication

So much on your plate - this is your second Mum sending her best

Dec

Decisions - Decisions

Now - which cup of coffee do I drink firstNow - which cup of coffee do I drink first

thank you my second mum for all the wondeful hugs @Owlunar Heart

lots of decisions ahead my second  mum xxx

my mum wants to stay in her own home until the end --- don`t know how long that will be xx

mr shaz is finding things harder now and now he has 2 sore shoulders

with me I am hoping , fingers crossed for a good report next monday @outlander , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom , @Smc , @Former-Member ,

@Shaz51 Hugs

I got a bit done today too.

2 doctor appointments

2 hospital visits

Supermarket shopping and odds n ends at $2 shop

Despite needing prn and feeling washed out.

Is what it is.

tulip3.jpg

@Shaz51  thinking of you with all you have on at the moment, trust you are able to find some little moments to breathe. 

Hi also @Appleblossom  @outlander @Owlunar  

Thanks @Determined 

I amm thinking ahead to Monday when I get the results of my blood tests 

Wish I could not think about it until Monday xx

Mr shaz goes for blood test tomorrow

Cleaning mum's tomorrow xx

@Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @outlander , @Former-Member 

hello @Determined and all

its hard not to worry about something that's bothering you @Shaz51 have you tried a worry box before? that might help..

@Sherry , @Appleblossom , @outlander , @Determined , @Faith-and-Hope , @Jacques , @PeppiPatty , @Dec , @Sophie1 , @Sophia1 , @Former-Member 

still having my very early wake ups

will bring i up on monday when i see the Endocrinologist

My mind has been anywhere but settled the last couple of days @Shaz51 

So you are waiting for results too - and yours are with an endincronologist  - 

So yes - I imagine you will be thinking about that more than you want too

And how early are you waking up in the morning? It sounds as if it's too early to be helpful - 

I'm still having trouble getting to sleep - I only got naps last night - I got up and turned the TV on and ran recorded TV so I know I did get some naps in but I am blaming stress 

And yes - I think it's a good idea to talk to your doctor about it - though I really hate the Sleep Police - I don't like their suggestions for sleep one bit - I would rather entertain my brain that toss and turn - 

But everyone is different

All the best again

Dec

And how early are you waking up in the morning?-- like 1am and can`t go backto sleep for a few hours @Owlunar Heart

so this morning went back to bed at 4-30 am and the alarm went at 6-30 am

I imagine you will be thinking about that more than you want too --- very true ( the results could be the same / worse ???

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance