Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

If I am truly honest I have had more fun post motor bike riding and remembering it as a little old lady ... ha ha ... @Ali11  It came with all sorts of stressors. Keeping it going, getting blown about.  Working out how to get places without a Melways or gps ....learning the road rules without anyone next to you telling you as you went .... a lot of wind blaring in my ears ... .... I only rode for 3 years... fell off twice.   It probably added to my neck issues. It did give me a sense of the motorcycle brotherhood ... maybe it would have been different as a male rider ... they may have been more competitive ...but as a woman rider I got respect .... and saw the protective mateship side of it ... no daddy to help pay bills or fix bikes ....etc I rode in Thailand and England .... different riding cultures in both places.

There must have been an incredible sense of freedom riding that bike @Appleblossom, finding places without a GPS is probably a rare skill to have these days! What main difference did you see in riding here from overseas?  

Helmet wearing, going slower due to terrain, and watching out for real chickens on the road in Thailand and Indonesia.  They were big enough to throw a bike off balance, even tho I was on a road/trial bike. I never hit anything but came close a few times.  I road once on opposite side of the road, Greece?? that was being on alert and double think mode.  They say you get used to it but I was not o/s for long enough.  I have a tencdency to hypervigilance and riding probably cemented that. I also rode under the influence of all sorts of things.  Not meaning to be foolish but always pitting myself against the challenges I met.  Lucky to be alive at all really.  But those days also made me feel close to other humans all over the world, so somehow protected me from the  paranoia of schizophrenia, as the only time I felt that way was always drug induced, and not a typical part of myself or the people around me.

my mum is in hospital  afer having a skin  cancer removed from the calf of her leg  , they don`t want her to put any pressure on the leg until it heals , she would like to be at home but they think she id better off to stay at hospital @Faith-and-Hope , @Appleblossom , @Ali11 , @outlander , @Owlunar , @greenpea , @Former-Member , @Determined , @Former-Member , @Adge 

after today I think mum is coming to terms in staying in hosptal , BUTTT !!!!

Sounds like she's in the best place atm @Shaz51 I don't think anyone really likes hospital so don't blame her for wanting to come home sooner rather then later

Ouch, poor mum @Shaz51 Smiley Sad Sounds like hospital is definitely the right place for her at the moment. How are you doing with that news? Sending love Heart

@Ali11, I am ok with the news , but i know how much mum wants to go home , she is hoping to go tomorrow but i think it will be next week -- awwww , it is hard  xx

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 thinking of you.

Sending love to you and mum @Shaz51 Heart

helllo @Ali11 , @Former-Member , @outlander , @Appleblossom , @Owlunar 

keeping mum in as her wound bleed today

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance