Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

Sending hugs @Shaz51 

I've been through it - it's like having a big tooth out - it's something we dread before hand - scary when it happens and hurts for a while afterwards

And we get it back together and get on with finishing the lives they gave us

I care heaps - I know it's tough - thinking of you a lot right now

Dec

big hugs @Shaz51
sounds like an awful night for you both. hope youve had some time to rest today and that youll be able to sleep tonight Heart

HeartHeart @Shaz51 & @Owlunar.

@Owlunar, it's on Dad's advanced care plan that he doesn't want life-extending treatment in the case of a terminal condition, or any treatment that's really intrusive. We haven't got an official DNR order. Might be something to discuss with the aged care home staff, or his doctor. Thank you for the heads up.

That would be a good idea @Smc  - esp when you know what your Dad wants - something we would respect but the ambos or ED staff might legally have to extend life when they can

Which would be rotten for all concerned - even the ambos and ED staff

I think - I really believe - that one of the great things we can do for our parents is to ensure that if they wish it that they can be allowed to leave with dignity - after a long life they surely deserve a peaceful end

All the best with that - I will have you in my thoughts tonight

Dec

busy day while the sun is shinning @Owlunar , @Smc , @outlander , @Appleblossom , @Former-Member , @Sophie1 , @Determined , @Adge , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope 

2 hour cleaning job , then mr shaz went to mow and i did some gardening at mum`s

than we had later lunch and then mowed 3 more lawns

thinking about what to cook for dinner

Mum had a big talk and wants me to cut back and stop work as it is no good for all the physical problems i have

Love too but hard to do !!!

It is always a balancing act.

Heart

@Shaz51 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Is it time to check in again with doc in relation to DSP @Shaz51 ?

could be @Former-Member Heart

sure is @Appleblossom Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance