Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

💜❄️ @Zoe7 .... you’re on my mind ..... 💞

I finally got some good news today. Have heard from DBT and the group starts again next week. I also got a call from my psych and I have an appt. with a new psych next week. I still feel really hesitant about changing and dont know if I have made the right decision. I am hoping I click with them. I dont know how many sessions I need to have with them until I know it is the right one. If anyone has some knowledge of how you went it would be really good.

I am still finding it really hard to be here or anywhere at the moment. I know you all understand.

I hope you have all had a good day. Hoping @Sans911 that your recovery is going well. I am still reading a bit in the background.

Love to you all.

@Faith-and-Hope @outlander @Zoe7 @Sans911 and anyone else reading this Heart

Nice to hear from you @Snowie and good that DBT is starting again for you. Not only will it give you something to do, but it will also provide you with some more coping skills. It's natural to be scared with a new psych but you will know even in the first session if you are comfortable or not. And subsequent sessions usually confirm if our intuition is right. I do understand you are still struggling to be here or anywhere but you are braver and stronger than you realise. You aren't alone in your journey. You are constantly in people's thoughts and prayers.

My recovery is about the same as the last few days. I'm in quite a bit of pain and discomfort, but I can potter around the house, and I've been out to my GP today. Head wise, I'm struggling with my different look and feel. I'm not sure if I have regrets or if I should have let things take their own course. I'm quite confused and muddled about that.

Hopefully I do know after the first session if they are right for me. I hope they are.

Good to hear you went to your gp today. Hopefully you got something for the pain.

I think what you are thinking is only natural to feel. Whether I should have had it or not or any regrets is completly normal. Hopefully in time you will be more comfortable with your decision. 

Lots of tender hugs hon. You mean so much to me Heart

@Sans911 

hugs @Snowie HeartHeart

@Snowie Good news about the new psych Hon - I really hope they are a good fit for you and it makes a difference in your life - you deserve that Heart

I found my psych was a good fit from the beginning - I think we know pretty quickly if they are going to be so trust your own instincts when you first meet them.

Hearing you also about how how it is being anywhere but as @Sans911 has said - you have more strength than you realise and despite the darkness you are in you are getting through each day - sometimes that is all we can do until there are little steps in how we cope and move forward. Very much hoping this new psych will be able to help you do that and over time you can get some quality of life back. Here for you along the way Heart

@Sans911 Much love to you also. Hearing you are struggling a bit with your recent op and the affects it has had on you. Stay focussed on the positives Hon - it is done now and all you need to do is recover and heal. Heart

@Sans911 @Snowie 💜💜

Hi @Snowie Heart

Evening @Zoe7 I thought you might be asleep by now.

I read back and got word of the school situation. I'm sorry to hear about that hon. I know how much of a positive step forward this school has been for you and that the uncertanity is so hard to sit with. Sitting with you on this one Heart

Sounds like you house is full of animals!

I havent done much today. H is drunk tonight and is in a drunk coma!! I can hear the snoring from the lounge room. Perhaps I might sleep out here tonight Smiley Frustrated

Just posted to Hams about all that @Snowie Very much feeling like I am bracing for the storm tonight - everything is getting to me - so much cleaning up to do and so much work for school - and lack of sleep on top of that. My footy team lost tonight in a very close match and that is making me emotional too - it really is the small things that break us hey.

I think I will be sleeping on the couch too (once I clean everything up). I have the rug, doona, pillow and all Toby's toys spread everywhere throughout the loungeroom so need to pick them up first. Toby is asleep next to me - he is happy to have his spot back without Dog taking up some of it. 

Do you have anything planned for tomorrow? I can't think of tomorrow yet myself - just needing to get through tonight ...feeling pretty low and need all my strength to weather the storm I can feel coming.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance