Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Mother Seeking Advice

Hi over the edge,

Hang in there. no matter what, this moment will past. Your daughter cared enough to ring someone and tell them how she feels. she saved her self no matter how hard it seems right now.

You are both in my deepest prayers along with my daughter. just believe  and have faith.It will get better. keep that thought.

ho Mohill,

Just say hi to him and let the rest take care of its self. keep calm. remember your own good advise. let him lead the conversation but let him know that if there is anything he needs your there.

relax tonight, take a bath do something nice for you. no point in saying don't worry but try to get your head somewhere else. I'm thinking of you

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes, they found her collapsed. She came to and said she only took enough to make her sleep. We have all meds under lock and key - she had access to three single tablets. So we still don't know what is going on or what she took exactly. They may reschedule her. I don't know how much more I can take. Thankyou for your support and prayers. Can't believe this was all taking place whilst I was posting on here. I thought she was safe. My daughter has to start helping herself as we have done everything we can - it's just not enough.

Former-Member
Not applicable

This one policeman was fantastic (there were four who turned up!!). He explained that in controlling relationships when the victim has a low self esteem they keep going back as that is the control the other has over them (he explained it better but I am too upset to articulate well presently). But he did say she has to help herself and stop talking with him. He said it was psychological abuse but it is very difficult to prove in a court. He was so understanding - funny enough it always seems to be the police who have the most understanding.

He said he would ring us with what will happen to our daughter as will also investigate her assault. She is terrified of someone and it is not the ex. Now we sit and wait...This is so hard...

I'm so sorry over the edge I am truly feeling for you. Prayers are for you and your daughter . she is in the right place now thanks to her own sense of reason as well as who ever she contacted and the police. Bless them  Thanks be to God.

please don't blame yourself. You can't do everything. no matter how careful and caring you yourself know you have been.  I wish I could wave a magic wand and fix it for you but I can't do that either only God knows our futures. He is the only one to make it right..

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @Former-Member

so beautifully said.

you are truly connecting with others one here, through your pain, over and around your pain.

you are helping not only yourself but others.

read back over what you have written to others when the pain becomes overwhelming if you are able to. i know when it is very bad all of the energy in your body is used just to sustain your breathing.

tears will come and let them

feel your heart, your compassion

please keep writing on here and @misunderstood

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @Former-Member

we are with you all of the time.

your daughter is in a safe place now where she has to comply. It might not seem like it but this is the better outcome.

She might have spoken with or texted someone her thoughts and they sought help for her thank goodness.

as silly as it sounds i had to keep reminding myself of this when i was at the hospital with my son, breathe.

be gentle with yourself and one another. your beautiful daughter is still inside that person. sending you hugs

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @misunderstood

im terrified of him . how ridiculous is that. i have to let him know that i love him still and am here to listen and help within my means.

thank you.

we who have children suffering,lost or gone suffer so much.

i had to say goodbye to my much loved cat in january this year he was 15 and showing signs of suffering although he wanted to be hugged so much. that was so painful he was my soul animal. at times like this i miss him so much he always knew when i was very sad and came to me. i used to curl up in a ball in the bed and after he turned around a thousand times he would curl up into me and i would wrap my arms around him and we would lose ourselves together in sleep.

i think i need to get outside for a while. will check up on you all soon. thinking of you all - holding hands

Former-Member
Not applicable

hello @Former-Member

you have done everything you can for her.

you cant keep her in a bubble as much as we would all love to do this and let them out in a safe environment for a certain time.

this is our maternal instinct.

we have to step back too as i remind myself how i had to learn when i was growing up.

very hard but is life circle.

holding you in my thoughts.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance