Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ShadowScorpio
New Contributor

Loss of Concentration

Hi all, I been having some trouble lately with a loss of concetration. I'm usely as sharp as a tack but lately that hasn't been the case. I also have Quiet BPD, so I don't know if that a factor in the the lack of concetration.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Loss of Concentration

@ShadowScorpio  Hi ShadowScorpio and welcome to the forums :). I have schizoaffective disorder and  I have poor concentration. I think it is very common. Dont give up though I believe with persistance we and others can get there. I plan to do study later this year and am positive about it (at least will give it a go :)).

Hi ShadowScorpio,

Like greenpea, I also have schizoaffective disorder.  For me, a strong and persistant loss of concentration can mean I am about to have a relapse so I make an appointment with my psychiatrist and discuss whether I need to make adjustments to my medication.

I usually have good concentration, unless I am feeling emotional or haven't had enough sleep.  Sometimes my concentration is too good, like when I am reading and my sister asks, "Weren't you listening to what I said?" Ah, no, I was concentrating on my book.

HI @ShadowScorpio 

This is an interesting one for me.

I do the same movement, at work, over 1 million times a year.

I pull a lever once every 3 seconds, 7 hours a day, 3 days a week.

But once I get home, I do nothing most of the time. 

I try and do one thing a day though, usually exercise or yoga.

So, how is it I can work for $23 an hour 21 hours a week for my boss who is a millionaire. BUT, I can't do anything for myself, for my own financial future?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @ShadowScorpio

I also have trouble concentrating. But generally mine is from either not sleeping well, not eating properly, too emotional, really troubled or just an overloaded amount of factual information in by brain at one time. Has any of that happened to you? Because it may just be that that is causing the lack of concentration. 

Yeah hi there👋 I’m new to this forum, I’ve been diagnosed with BPD also and am wondering if you are actually preoccupied,I often experience the same feeling and it’s usually due to preoccupation with some concern or another

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance