Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

HenryD
Contributor

Life is Wonky

Something is off today

Everything feels wrong

Life is overwhelming today and i dont know how to break out of this 

My head is swimming and i cant seem to handle anything thats going on, noise is frustrating, its as th0ugh i cant really touch anything, or atleast i cant feel it.

Im trying to do some tafe work and nothing makes sense. everything i do i havr to do at full force just to feel that im actually doing it, picking a drink up for example, i cant feel it unless im gripping it hard enough to turn my knuckles white. im sorry if this doesnt make sense but i just needed to vent.

im currently sitting at a table banging my hand on it over and over just to feel something from it.

If i focus too hard nothing in this room lt all just turns to nothing, i cant make sense of anything around me.

my legs aree shaking and i cant seem to take control of them. what brought this on and what am i experiencing right now

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Life is Wonky

@HenryD 

panic attack?

you are obviously in crisis right now and need to talk to someone.

Lifeline is 13 11 14

please call someone

Hey there, I'm also having days like this, out of nowhere and I dont really understand it. It's like I feel terrible and depressed but I'm also not feeling anything at all. I hear you about not physically feeling things either, it's kinda like being disconnected from your body. I just had a swim which helped, I think the immersion in water was refreshing and grounding... if it's possible for you to do the same I recommend it. Maybe a shower?

which I had an answer for you, and for myself about what's happening. Perhaps accumulated stress? I felt fine thismorning, just tired, then the weirdness kicked in and has lasted all day. I feel like I've been wading through a dream, not really here.

I hope it passes. Just know there's someone else out here feeling the same as you. 

@HenryD @Fastheart  Welcome.

I don’t know if you see a psych/counsellor, but it might be a good idea to see you Dr.

It sounds like dissociation to me, but best to get it checked by a professional.

Sending you both some ❣️❣️❣️

A forum tip for getting responses. The @ brings a dropdown, that’s how we tag each other.

@Maggie @Fastheart @SJT63 

I wanna thank you guys for your replies and advice, fortunately that feeling passed eventually and hasn't happened since :]

I am currently working on seeing a counsellor thankfully!
Thank you again [:

So glad to hear it passed Henry. Really hope you find counselling helpful, good for you for seeking out support. Come back here to share how it's going or if you find good strategies for dealing with bad days. All the best.

@HenryD  That’s really good to hear.

Take care of yourself.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance