Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Grizzles
New Contributor

I need help

I have never been on a forum before but anyway. So I have had anxiety nearly my whole life but was only diagnosed with depression a year ago, and I managed to get it on track and used techniques such as mindfulness and self compassion... But for the last week or so I randomly deteriorated and am struggling worse than ever before, I have been struggling to hold back tears, and my appetite is near but completely gone, also trying to do physically activities (I labour for work) I just feel like something is pulling me down and won't stop until I break/crack under the pressure, I cried out for help but my "friends" just ignored me... I am having some scary thoughts and was just wondering if anyone had any good ideas or techniques to bring my mood up a bit...

Please and thanks

2 REPLIES 2
NikNik
Senior Contributor

Re: I need help

Hi @Grizzles 

Welcome to the Forums.

I see that you have asked for techniques to lift your mood - but before we jump into ideas, I wanted to clarify whether you're still seeing a health care professional. It sounds like you have before (because you received a diagnosis) but are you still connected with them?

Sorry to hear your friends weren't of any use - but I'm sure there are people in here who will be really helpful.

Welcome again 🙂

peace
Senior Contributor

Re: I need help

Hello Grizzles. I just want to say 'hello' and you have my empathy. I have at times chronic anxiety and also major depression. I am new here too and have found this a good supportive place. I find it can be a little isolating out there when I am in a bad place emotionally/mentally especially when I have nothing but pain or fear inside of me. Here I know I am not alone. Sharing can help. Connecting can help. Others responses can help. Blessings and best wishes to you Grizzles.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance