Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

twinky66
New Contributor

I feel like I am going mad and completely obsessed.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum so please be gentle with me.

I've had a rough time these past few years for various reasons: miscarriage, family problems, working too much, doing too much, debt and relationship issues. It's been hard. 

I found myself morphing into this person who I no longer recognised, no longer liked. I've been snappy, agitated, angry, frustrated. Why? Because I always try my hardest to make others around me happy, often putting myself last and still not getting any respect or appreciation. 

The biggest blow came when my husband found someone else out of the blue and I found out. He found someone fun and easy going, someone that made him feel good. It hurt because I spent years running myself into the ground to be a good wife, a good mother and still wasn't good enough.

It's at this point my behaviour changed again. I noted I was getting obsessed and repeating actions over and over... hours would pass and I had not accomplished anything. I knew it was crazy, I knew it wasn't healthy but somehow couldn't help myself.

I would check his Facebook profile, her Facebook Profile, his Instgram... for changes, for something. Once I had done, I would start the cycle again. 

We moved past everything and decided to give things another go but still I have these obsessive compulsions to check things. It's not nesesseraily checking him, it can be anything. For example, if I am waiting for an email, I will repeatidly keep checking.

I actually feel like I have a problem, that I am going crazy. Can anyone help!?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: I feel like I am going mad and completely obsessed.

Hi twinky 66,

It is Marchhare here. One of the forum moderators.

Welcome to the Sane forums. It does sound as if you have been through a lot in the past few years. It is a bit late tonight but, I am sure you will get some welcoming words and advice from your fellow forum members when they read your post.

Re: I feel like I am going mad and completely obsessed.

hello @twinky66 im not sure i can be of much help but ill tag some member that might be able to...

@Faith-and-Hope @Teej @Former-Member @Owlunar @Former-Member
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance