Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lotusgirl
Senior Contributor

Re: Help

@Former-Member thank you. I'm ok I started feeling guilty again that I held a baby by the crotch. We are definitely sure it's fine.? I see lots of parents doing it. I don't want to ever do harm to anyone.  Could not handle that. 

How are you 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Lotusgirl , we definitely know that holding baby that way is ok and causes no harm to them at all. Is there anything in particular that you can do to ease your thoughts when you start feeling bad for doing this?

I have complex PTSD and DID and right now life is just a little hard and thoughts are not so good. Thanks for asking. 💖

Lotusgirl
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member have you ever done the crotch hold? So it's a certainty that it's fine?

I have PTSD too. Trauma changes a person. Has covid 19 made things worse for you? Do you want to discuss how you are feeling? Thank you for being there for me 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I have, I have held my three children that way and just about all of my great nieces and nephews (I have 16 of them with number 17 on the way)

The virus has certainly taken its toll on me in the week or so. The worse being today, pre virus I could go shopping without to much trouble I just avoided big/busy shopping center where possible as crowds freak me out and the noise can get overwhelming. Today however doing my grocery shopping it caused a meltdown because peopl didn't keep their social distance and they seemed to sickly people doing it. I had a full meltdown with the shakes, unable to breathe and lots and lots of tears. To top it off I forgot the kitty litter and had to go back tonight (last night now) and for the first time ever I thought I could see germs on everything and everyone. Won't be shopping again. I have recently seperated from my hubby if 10 years and while we have remained very close and he is still very supportive and loving and willing to help whenever I need I just don't like asking him anymore. I am not his problem anymore. 

Sorry it took me a bit to reply my internet went down and even my phone wouldn't connect to the Sane site. I really hope you are getting some rest right now. 

Thanks for listening lovely💖

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning my friend 💖 @Lotusgirl 

Lotusgirl
Senior Contributor

Good morning how are you?

I don't feel that good can we talk as we did last night back and forth? @Former-Member 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Lotusgirl I am here babe. Chat away. 
why aren't you feeling good sweetie

Lotusgirl
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member a few things but let's just get the annoying OCD question out of the way. The baby crotch hold is always fine and it isn't intrusive to baby and you have done it and it doesn't hurt then at all and I'm not in any way having harmed a baby 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Darling there is no harm to baby at all, yes I have held around 19 babies this way. One of my nieces would scream blue murder if you held her any other way. She was so comfortable that way. I can only imagine what is happening for you with the OCD and this situation, you need to trust in yourself and I know better than anyone how hard that is. 

@Lotusgirl , do you have a counsellor or psychologist? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Lotusgirl  I hope my reply and question didn't upset you love 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance