Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Head spinning, head a major mess, need support and help ASAP PLEASE.

Have red your post above @Powderfinger and understand that disconnection you need for your own wellbeing. You need to look after you now and she can deal with herself - that may sound harsh but it is protecting you and that is important.

I do wish you so much luck with your work. Tomorrow is a big day for you so recognise and acknowledge that - what you are doing is also very brave so I wish you all the success in the world.

@Zoe7 

Yes, it is necessary for my wellbeing. Isn't it the way it really should be though? Whether in a relationship or not? Looking after ourselves and our partners dealing with themselves? Or have I mistaken what you were saying?  I don't think it's harsh. It's not being mean either. It's what is supposed to happen isn't it? You are no longer together. Should one be providing emotional support? 

Ultimately yes. My heart hurts and I don't think straight most of the time. I can see and feel the damage. It's a horrible feeling. Some days I really just do want to be alone to deal with myself. 

Thank you for recognising tomorrow is a big day for me. It certainly is. I've still got a bit to get done. I was going to post pics here but then realised I can't. My name is on my work. So, I would be breaking rules. 

I really appreciate you wishing me all the best. I know you mean it with your heart. It means a lot. Had a few sombre moments about the same thing today. Not having folks to call to tell them thus happening in my life. Nor my younger sister. There's just times when it's harder than others having no family. 

So, I better keep going so I can get some sleep eventually! 

Powderfinger. 

It is unfortunate that you are both still in the same house @Powderfinger and you cannot separate your emotions from the physical reality of it all - that does make it so much harder for you to grieve the relationship as you would be able to if you were not still living in the same place. You have no need to provide that emotional support to someone that has not provided that to you ...particularly in these circumstances. Protecting yourself and your own emotional wellbeing is the most important thing.

Yes tomorrow is a really big day and could be the start of something really special for you so I, like others here, am certainly behind you all the way. I hope you get done what you need and can get some sleep so you can soak up just how big tomorrow is for you. It is a real achievement to both be recognised and promoted with your work - so allow yourself to feel how positive that is.

I look forward to hearing when your first piece has been sold 👍😁💖

Sending you an extra squishy hug tonight - you may not have family of origin to share this with but you have this community behind you 💕

@Zoe7 

Hmmmm.... yes and not being able to actually really communicate at all. We are civil but for the most part we do our own things. It's been really hard to untangle myself from our lives into my life. We do our own food shopping, neither of us know what us going on for the other, we do our own washing, just all the things couples would do, we don't do anymore. It's been hard detangling myself from all that. 

On top of it, trying to cope when I'm not. There's so much to say to her but nothing to say at the same time. It's really hard seeing her around in what used to be our house as a couple. I keep wanting to go away. Work and commitments hold me here. At least just for a week by myself to have some space and headspace on my own. I'd love to do this. 

Anyhow, yes thus is right. I have my little community right here if peeps supporting me and backing me all the way. I'm lucky to have that. Sometimes I wish the rule about being anonymous can be broken. Makes it quite difficult when you speak to folk quite a bit that you have never met before. I know it's their for reasons. I'm sure many have felt that at certain points in being here. 

I wasn't able to edit all my photos to get rid of my name showing, but could do a few. I can post them here now. 

I'll send separately. 

Powderfinger. 

@Zoe7 @Anastasia 

I was able to crop these to take out my name, so you could read the entire thing and not too much of the page missing. The others I couldnt because you would have only been able to see half of it by the time I had cropped it. 

The first pic  s what the shop owner sent me tonight when we were talking about tomorrow. It is where my products are going to be set up.Still pinching myself. It is still like a dream. he second one is A4 size. The other 3 are A3 size. It is the same poem, I just did three different designs. The first design of my poem, the one in full color, I am keeping for my own personal collection. The design needs work because in some parts you cannot see what it says, due to white on white. The one in black and white and the one in pink and white are fine.  

I did the designs myself. Obviously the writing is mine too lol. 

The poem I wrote in 2015. Never really done anything with it. It just sat tucked away by itself. Gosh, The Wisdom Keeper. I wrote this a very long time ago. I think I was 32, so 9 years ago now. I have mostly done nothing with anything I have ever written. I just write it and it doesnt go anywhere lol. The poem I wrote however, I have always been very proud of but more so just enjoyed it for myself. I actually wrote it for a girl I was with at the time in 2015. When we spilt up, I packed the peom away for a long time. I pulled it back out for the first time in 2019 and here we are. The feelings I had for that girl I was with at the time were no longer, so I thought, oh well I may as well do something with it then lol. 

I wish I could share my other things, I just couldnt crop it without losing so much of the design. What I can give, I do hope you enjoy. 

P.S. It all stays here. Thank you. Im glad I can share some of it with you guys. 

My spot.jpgWisdom Keeper.jpgAn Ode To My Beloved 1.jpgAn Ode to My beloved 2.jpgAn Ode to my Beloved 3.jpg

Beautiful @Powderfinger Heart

Thank you @Zoe7 

Oh they are lovely!!!!!

@Powderfinger you have so many talents. I can imagine you are busy getting them on display today. Please keep us in the loop as to how it is all going xox 

@Anastasia 

Thank you. I'm glad you love them. They need work. But I'd be my own worst critic. The prom.foednt need work, just the designs. All good. I have not long been home. I spent about two hours at the shop. It was the first time we met in person and it was lovely. 

My work is all set up now. I have photos but I can't share them due to the rules here of names being given out. It does look.really nice though , set up.in the shop. 

I'm a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none @Anastasia 

So, I'm going to not work for a few days now. Just have some time off. Process the major things happening for me and in my life. Sometimes, I just want the world to stop spinning so I can catch my breath. 

As soon as my first sale is made (if I find out that is) I will let you all know here. 

I've been up since 4:30 this morning so I'm pretty tired. Xoxo

Time off sounds sensible @Powderfinger 

Reflect on your hard work and just how bloody sensational you are. Self care, perhaps a warm bath, a favourite meal and something good to watch on telly? Or just nothing, just time to gather your thoughts and rest. You know best.

Lots of love you awesome human you 😘

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance