Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Feeling triggered

I have no idea why but I am feeling really triggered right now which is making me irritable. I just snapped at my partner for giving me a hug but I just want space I need my bubble why can't he understand that 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Feeling triggered

One of the best parts of being single 🙂 Hope your are feeling better today 

It's overwhelming when triggers come out of the blue like that @Former-Member Have you been able to make any more sense of what might have been going on for you? Look after yourself today 🐼

Former-Member
Not applicable

As much as I like my space I don't think I could handle being single @greenpea

@Margot, I still haven't worked out why I am feeling triggered at the moment and it is taking its toll as it has spiked my anxiety as well

@Former-Member  That's cause you are a youngan wait till you are an old fossil like myself and you have the joy of having a double bed all to yourself 🙂 Bliss!

That 'not knowing' can be so unsettling @Former-Member Do you rekcon it's somehing worth exploring with your psych? It can be hard to figure this stuff out on your own. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Maybe @Margot but I don't see my psych till October

A bit of a way off @Former-Member and tricky to hold until then.

I wonder whether it's worth bringing it forward? Or if that doesn't feel quite right for you for now, maybe talking it out in a way that feels safe enough for you with somebody in your life or on the forums. And of course you can always contact services like lifeline for one on one support at any time too. 

If I've skipped ahead into solution mode here (sometimes I can do that) and it's not quite where you're at yet, that's really ok too. You've got to do what works for you @Former-Member and most importantly, not to put too much pressure on yourself to have it all worked out just yet. Look after yourself today 🌻

Former-Member
Not applicable

Its all goods @Margot, I can't bring it forward it so far away because she is on holidays until then

It's hard when your familiar support people aren't around. I know for some people, that in itself can be a bit of a trigger. I wonder whether there are any strategies you've come up with during your psych sessions to manage how you're feeling? Might not be relevant for what you're going through right now, but thought I'd drop in a link to distress tolerance discusion we had a few weeks back as it's got some good stuff in there about managing strong emotions. Hope that's a little useful @Former-Member

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance