Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feeling frustrated right now

I'm not worried about coping with little ones @Former-Member @ I've been constantly around kids as I have 7 nieces and nephews ranging from 3months to 6years

While the month would be easier if I lived closer but they are in NSW and I am in mid North Qld it wouldn't be right to uproot them that much to potentially have to go somewhere else in a month.

Especially for miss 7 as I have been through what she has and know that what she needs desperately right now is something stable and reliable

But I also have my son to think about and he struggles with even the smallest change but this would be major changes that would not only change the routines he is use to but also his lifestyle.

I would get government assistance at least until the youngest starts school but after that would be solely our own income

There are studies out there that show the good and negative sides of siblings of ASD children (which is effectively the role they would have despite being aunt/uncles) @Former-Member .  

Perhaps even speak to one of your son's medical professionals about it if you are concerned about the impact on him.

Sounds like a lot has happened in the last few days @Former-Member, @Former-Member provides some great advice about speaking to your son's medical team about the impact. This is definitely a big decision to make, so speaking to others about the impact not only on your son but on yourself and other member's of your family is important. Have you had a chance to book some time to talk about it? Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance