Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

Daughter bullying continues

My daughter was physically contacted by the sme girl who was physically & verbally bullying her last term again yesterday. For no apparent reason 

The girl hurt her & said something very mean & angry.

this happened in the classroom. 

My daughter told the girl " just ask me to please move if I am in your way don't touch me next time"she then immediately told the teacher - teacher  said "that's not good, she shouldn't do that, if it happens again she will go to the principal" she told the girl not to do it again. 

No consequences for the girl making physical contact with my daughter now for the fourth occasion. 

(My daughter told me of an incident that happened with her making physical contact & hurting her & screaming in her face on the last day of last term but my daughter forgot to tell me in the excitement of being in school holidays )

-The teacher DID NOT tell me what had occurred after school yesterday or this morning when I dropped my child off. I am NOT impressed about this. !!! Apparently there is a bullying plan in place for this child in regards to my daughter. It doesn't appear they are following it. 

The school bullying policy states if bullying occurs more than once all parents are contacted- I know from the past they are not following their bullying policy as they said they would contact her parents if it happened again. When I requested that they contact her parents the second time it happened I was told " no because they have a difficult history with the family"- now they have broken it again this time by not contacting myself & telling me what has occurred. 

The deputy principal was in my daughters room this morning, I assume as a stance to say to this child you are being observed? I don't know because they did not tell me- the deputy mentioned nothing to me. I am NOT impressed.!!

My child is asking me to go to the principal & tell him because she is scared & nothing happens to the girl when she hurts her. 

I don't know what to do because last time I did that I went in to talk about one issue only! the girl hurting my daughter at present & principal did not want to talk about that he spoke about everything but that & i felt it all got twisted around & the blame was shifted on to me somehow like I was being the cause of the problem for reporting what had happened to my daughter at his school & trying to help her to ensure it would not ever happen again. I was made to feel like a problem parent. This had a very negative impact on my mental health. 

I asked him straight out what consequences there would be for the girl his reply was " don't worry we will handle it"- I don't believe there were any consequences & her parents were definantly not even informed so she got away with it & continues to hurt my child. 

I can't believe this continues to happen & the school continue to handle it improperly & not even follow their own bullying policy!!

i don't know how to help my child & am scared whatever I do will make it worse as it did last time- when I followed the correct procedures & protocol & remained calm & respectful the whole time- but was made out to appear like it was somehow my fault & then the teachers changed their interactions with me to a negative form which has never got better. 

I just want to help my child she deserves to feel safe in her classroom.

Also last term a boy in my child's class called her a " f@&King idiot" & my daughter told her teacher, same teacher exactly what he said & the teacher said "oh he shouldn't say that" & that's it she did not speak to the boy herself & tell him not to use that language or apologise. Nothing happened to him. He got away with speaking like that to my daughter. 

What message is all this sending to my daughter ? That her teacher does not value her worth? That people in her class are aloud to be physically & verbally abusive to her & although she does the right thing & informs the teacher immediately like she has been told because " we can't do anything if you don't tell us traight away"!? Then they do nothing anyway. 

There is no consequences & they do not even get in trouble or spoken to about it -& they are aloud to do it repeatedly before anything happens. 

This is unacceptable. I am disgusted. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Daughter bullying continues

@Serenity1 Heart

I am sorry this is an ongoing issue for you and your daughter.  It seems so unfair and unnaceptable that the schoold/teacher isn't holding the kid/parents accountable for their actions.  By doing this they are basically saying there are no consquences and you can keep doing it.

I can only suggest to keep talking with your daughter and speaking up to the teacher / principal that you are not pleased.  Maybe say that you are documenting each event and are going to write to newspapers and the dept of education.

Can you take a friend or someone as support with you when you talk to the school?  At least that might help you get through it a little better and you don't feel quite so isolated. 

It's nice to hear from you, wish it was under slightly better circumstances.

@Serenity1  Gosh, that is distressing and disappointing. I really have no suggestions but wanted to let you know I’m listening. 💜💜

Thank you @Gazza75 you are so kind.
I know it's completely & utterly ridiculous! 😭
I don't have anyone to take with me unfortunately.
I am too worried to speak up at this stage for fear of being treated the way I was the last time I spoke up & making things even worse. It's a nightmare.
Thanks for your kindness & support. & very nice to hear from you also. 💖

Hi @Maggie
Yes extremely distressing & disappointing!! 😭
thank you so much for listening & understanding & your kind support 💖
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance