Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Dark place

Thanks for your help  @Jynx  i was able to get in touch with the helpline now

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning all

o hope you're well

i feel somehow more settled when I know there are different worlds. Until someone says differenr, like this morning, I don't want to be in this world. I like knowing there's other land o can go to. Then I get really bad headaches.  

@Former-Member  💚💚💚

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello my friends, 

how are you? Is anyone affected by the continued lockdown in Victoria? My thoughts are with you.

I've started feeling again and reached out for help. It's a slow and difficult process with many steps back. I watched a very distressing short clip yesterday which showed me the depth of my darkness and it still leaves me stunned, for a better expression. 
I do some painting this afternoon. I have to fight the darkness. 

@Former-Member  There are some affected by the lockdown etc. it’s really hard for so many.

I presume by starting to feel again, and reach out for help, that things might be slightly better for you. I really hope so.💜💜

That’s What I do when I paint @Former-Member, fight the darkness. I hope your painting today helped, even if it’s for short spells.

Sending you warm thoughts. 🧡💚❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Maggie 

how are you? Are you affected by restrictions?

Things are better for me when I feel a little connected to here. I remember more then, but I actually shrug it off when I can't remember anything, it's not like I'm doing anything bad, but I don't mind not remembering when I'm not well. Does that make sense?

What are you working on in art at the moment? I would like to start a daily art practice, so I did some opposite hand colouring and then started sketching my new painting/collage/drawing 🤣 trying to get it all in one. It will take me a while to get started. Take care xox

@Former-Member  I’m in Tasmania, so no restrictions here. I follow the news, and know some on the forums are in the middle of it.

I have blank times also. It’s hard and confusing. It’s a way of coping I think.

I have just had one of my mandala paintings accepted for the mental health art exhibition. I’m pleased, and nervous.

Getting started is the hard part sometimes. Then getting lost in what you are doing, and time has passed. It’s jusy doing what we can.

Take care. Good to hear from you. 🧡🧡

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Maggie  

That's amazing, well done, so happy for you. Will it be online or 'real' or both? I dont know of any mental health exhibitions (in general). 
 Starting a creative project is one of my fun parts, then I get so involved when I first start painting and then I lose interest and need to make myself finish. But I read that's normal and artist often have painting in all different stages to work 'with their moods', something like that, it suits me. But I often don't finish things in life or just get bored with it and stop, so I'm working on that when I can. I've always been more of big picture person, details bore me... 

@Former-Member  It’s a real life exhibition. I found out about this from my counsellor. It was a struggle to enter my work, and worse waiting to see if it was acceptable. Now it’s nerves and excitement.

Yes, finishing projects is a wide spread struggle. I have a cross stitch project that’s been on the go for two years now. I hope to finish it.......one day.

Its definitely a mood thing, creativity. There are days I just have nothing at all.

I might be the opposite to you, I’m really into detail , but I think it depends on the painting you are doing at the time.

I hope you find some colour today, wherever the mood might take you. Sending ❣️❣️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who supported me in the last couple of months. I did not ealise how sick I was until I just looked back at some of my posts. I find it scary because I've been there before and I'm worried about how I will cope in the future. I know life in general is unpredictable, I struggle with that too, but living with my brain drains me. And I can't get away from my own brain... Anyway, I just wanted to say a big thank you all and let you know that I'm feeling better. Stay safe x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance