Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dark place

Thanks @Former-Member ,

I'm at my farm for another day.  Are you doing anything? 🙂

@Former-Member Heart

sea horse final.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Gazza75 

That is absolutely beautiful ❤️
How are you? xox 

Hi @Former-Member 🙂

That's very kind of you.  I am going alright thanks.   How are you?  

I'm trying to get through to Xmas and then a week off work.  Feels like an uphill battle at the moment.  Off to see my doctors this afternoon to try and get some help, that doesn't usually work out too well.  Need a new GP.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Gazza75 

Your xmas break will be here soon and I hope you have nice plans for xmas.

I'm ok, not particularily interested in xmas and staying away from all the pre-xmas madness. I can't deal with the "xmas spirit" nowadays that is being stressed and unfriendly towards others. It just seems a race. Before I moved to Australia the pre-xmas time was about celebrating advents with the family, baking cookies and there were xmas markets where friends and family gathered to have a nice time together and drink gluehwein in the bitter cold. There was music and plays... These traditions are still continuing, although I don't know if it is more hectic now too. I also struggle with the commercial aspect of xmas, I find it hard to understand the expense on xmas presents and cooking a storm that ends in the bin as it is always too much to eat. I don't know, perhaps it is me, but I'm over xmas already. And on the 26th Hot Cross buns will be on the shelves... how ridiculous!

I'll buy some "plates" for a charity that does a street party for homeless on xmas day. That for me is xmas spirit (and I would attend if I could handle the trip to the city and being in the city).

Sorry if I've just dampened your own xmas spirit.

Hi @Former-Member ,

You didn't dampen my Xmas spirit at all.  I think we are on pretty similar pages with it.  I'm feeling less and less enthused about it myself.  It's a really positive way that you participate in xmas, by helping others less fortunate.  Good on you.  I've never gone through a whole lot of trouble with christmas, but, I have watched others do it frequently.  It's also a shame that half the food normally ends up going to waste.  I think having it in the height of summer doesn't help the cause. 

Like most holidays, it has become a commercial exercise and a way of squeezing money out of people that often can't really afford it.  It worries me that people feel pressured into participating in something that will then leave them broke or even in debt for weeks and months to follow.  It is nice to watch younger people get excited about it, but, other than that I could sleep through it quite comfortably 🙂

I am still formulating plans for xmas, most likely it will be very akward time with my sister in law, I think even worse than last year.  Most people think she is a saint with the way she cares for my brother, but, i see it vastly different.  Wish I could just go away to my farm for the whole holidays instead of wasting days waiting for xmas to come around.  I should bite the bullet and let everyone do there own thing.  It's not like I would be missed very much by anyone.  

I have bought some polymer clay that I might play with this weekend.  Need to do some testing and make sure its the type that can be baked.  I'll be pretty unhappy if its not lol 🙂  I plan on making some pens for my diamond painting if all goes to plan.  The normal pens are very thing and not very comfy to use.

I feel like I finally got some help from my GP yesterday, probably a year later than it should of been.  Hoping new meds help Me as I am struggling with things.

It's really nice to hear from you again.  Hope you have a good day today 🙂 Heart

Heya @Gazza75 and @Former-Member hearing you on the Xmas front, really can be an emotional churner for many of us. Thanks heaps for having this conversation and sharing the experience for both of you Heart Our Topic Tuesday next week is relevant to this, if it helps at all the link is here 🙂 Have a good day you two!

Thanks @nashy .. I can never really make the topic tuesdays as they start too late.  Have you considered running the occasional one earlier so you might get different people?  I do follow along, but, can't really participate with mobile phone.

My Christmas is just with my kids and granddaughter. No parents. They don't want to come. It really angers  me because we could pick them up and drive them home. Oh well it's their loss. 
snyway I'm going to have a nice day with my little granddaughter A. She will give me so much joy and love. 
I just get angry. 

I'm in a dark place atm 😢

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance