Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dark place

@Former-Member Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Gazza75 ❤️
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Gazza75 

how are you? I'm ok, still struggling to settle into a routine after clinic, but trying to take it easy and not beat myself up about it.

have a nice day x

Hey @Former-Member , I'm doing alright.  Just trying to get through to xmas and a week off work.  Feels like its getting harder.  Not really looking forward to xmas this year, last year was so akward and this year its going to be even worse. 

I think its very hard to get back to normal after being in a different environment for so long.  Definitely try and stay patient and be kind to yourself.

What are you doing to try and stay busy?  Do you enjoy word games?  I play one on my tablet called wordscapes you might like.

Here are my 2 latest paintings... the light only took a few hours, I did it over the weeken, really happy with how it come out.  

autumn final.jpg

lightfinal.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Gazza75 

your art looks amazing! What do you do with all your art? Do you keep it somewhere safe at home, give it as presents or sell it? I used to keep mine, but had destructive phase and 2 years of artwork went into the bin... so I paint for people I know now.

What do you do at xmas? Fortunately I don't have to deal with anyone over xmas, for me it's just another day, perhaps with a few more treats, but nothing to get excited or worried about. I've had my share of xmas drama, but I've cut everyone out, so I'm ok with xmas now. Can you get a reason to stay away from the xmas drama? I don't know your situation but maybe you can get out of it? Even if you upset some people, it's better than it haven an impact on you?

I've been distracting heaps since clinic. Trying everything to avoid feelings. Not really a solution to my problems, but I get so numb and exhausted when I try to work on something. Still trying to find a bit of routine.

I used to play mind games, puzzle, sudoku etc but am too frustrated with my concentration. I try not to compare myself with who I was and what I was able to do before I got ill, but I frequently fail and beat myself up and then I stop trying. I know it's not the right thing to do.

Take care x

My days go fairly quickly as I am slower than a snail. 

What kind of work do you do, only if you like to share?

Hey @Former-Member ,

Thanks for your reply 🙂 Heart

I've only been doing the paintings for a short time so I mostly store and collect them.  I have had 3 framed that I will probably give away.  The tree frog I did I will give to my brother for xmas, kind of evil, but, I like the thought it may annoy his wife if they hang it up or put it somewhere.  It could just end up in a cupboard or hidden away.  

What kind of things do you like to paint?  I've only tried spra painting a few months ago, it didn't go very well as the spray cans had funny nozzles on them.  I wanted to do space / science fiction type scenes on canvas.  It was fun experimenting.  I always wished I could paint landscapes, and kind of thought of doing that when older / retired.

Normally I spend xmas with parents and/or go to my brothers.  Last year it was at my parents.  We don't have any family in Australia so its usually a pretty small affair.  I could probably get out of it, but, part of me doesn't want to give the satisfaction to SIL, and i would like to see my brother.  I barely see or hear from him these days, and I know he'd be very disapointed if I didn't show up.  A part of me thinks, screw U as in essence he has ruined both of our lives through his stupidity and pride.

I think its good / positive that you have been distracting yourself.  It's not a solution, but, it sounds like a fairly sensible way to cope and approach things for a time at least.  Do you have some support / people that you can talk to if you need to?  It can be hard to get back into a routine, try and be patient with yourself and take your time with it.  

Maybe you could try doing your puzzles again for a short time (5 or 10 mins)  to get a little satisfaction from them before getting frustrated.  I've never been able to figure out soduku.

I do quality assurance in the financial services sector.  It's fairly boring / repetitive work, although we are going through some change and my role is slowly evolving into something else.  I will be doing more report writing than I have been lately.  I don't mind it, the pay is fairly good and I can work from hom on occasion.  I don't have to travel for over an hour each way like I was the first 10 years.  I'm based in a 'local' office now

which is awesome.

I'm glad your days go quickly.  Mine seem to drag out on occasion.  I get fairly bored at work a bit to frequently.  You don't seem slow as a snail to me, rather the opposite to be honest.  

Are you okay with all the fires and stuff going on at the moment?  My area has had some smoke the last week or two, but, not quite in the firing line like a lot of places.

combo.JPG

This is one I'm trying to save up to do between some of the bigger paintings I am currently working on.  I reallly like how it looks like its extruding from the frame (the frame is part of the picture).

seahorse.JPG

This is the one I'm currently working on.  It's my biggest 'square' one so far and I think is going to take several weeks to get through.  I really like seahorses 🙂

Hope you have a nice day and weekend ahead.  Sending lots of good vibes and warmth your way.  Thanks again for taking the time to write to Me. 🙂

@Gazza75  you have lots of talent.

I was coming on to say ot the original poster, it sounds familar. Being depressed is all encompassing, tiring and exhuasting. People who don't suffer have no idea. 

sea horse day 8.jpg

Thanks @asdf , not much talent, you just follow a pattern.

Stops me thinking about stuff to much 🙂

@Former-Member HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Gazza75 ❤️❤️❤️
hope you have a nice weekend x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance