Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Dark place

Coping Box Got a coping strategy that you find good? Share it here 🙂  heres 2 threads that may help @Former-Member 

Hi @Former-Member

Walking can help sometimes just to get you out of your four walls. Even just a short one. I find though sometimes a longer one helpful. I see you said your supports are away or sick. That must be really hard. Would you feel OK to call a helpline?

When you are feeling numb it can be helpful to find numbing things to do. Like watch a movie or Netflix. Read a book. Could you perhaps write down some of your feelings and triggers in a journal style? Get them out of your head. Sometimes when we name our emotions and triggers they loose power. You don't have to keep what you have written. You can tear it up, burn it, throw it across the room.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you all. I don’t want to talk to anyone really. I feel alone, abandoned and I don’t want to feel that way. And I don’t know how to change feeling like that. I hate myself for trusting people and then I have to deal with the flashbacks and all myself and I feel as lonely as I did in the years and years. I don’t know what to do.

hi @Former-Member  It is Whitehawk here, the forum moderator.  I am sorry to hear that you are going through a lonely time this evening. It is great that you have been able to reach out on the forum here for some support. Do have a self care plan for times like this and might talking to someone help?

There are services where you can get support by phone such as the SANE Help centre on 1800 18 7263 up until 10pm or Lifeline on 13 11 14  for 24/7. Please take care of yourself this evening.

Whitehawk

Former-Member
Not applicable

hi @Whitehawk 

I don’t think I can. I am so angry that I can’t deal with this myself, I’ve managed all my life, it doesn’t matter if it was good or bad coping strategies, but I was strong and did not let anyone through my walls. And now i have and i feel all the feelings i had when i was young and there was no one to help me. I need that strength back. It is not good to trust and rely on other people

It's so hard when our trust is betrayed @Former-Member. But sometimes we need to risk trusting again when we need help. You sound so afraid and alone right now which is not a nice place to be.

I don't have any answers for you to deal with your situation but know these feelings will pass in time.

hugs @Former-Member its a hard place to be in atm, but i hope these feelings pass soon
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @outlander @Sans911 @Gazza75 @Whitehawk @Amour_Et_Psyché 

thank you for your support. Good night.

Hi @Former-Member , hope your feeling a little better today.  Take care 🙂 

I can relate to how you are feeling. It’s the emptiest place to be. Everything is a struggle.

ive actually noticed a lot of triggers around myself also and feelings and emotions are all over the place. Like you I prefer to stay in bed and sleep. This has been my longest episode. So I am here with you. Your not alone. I say to myself this to shall pass no time frame on that though. The mind likes to play war games. We’ve just got to work out who’s side we are on. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance