Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Changing meds

Yes, yay 💃

So around more if you are up for a chat. I joined a gym. I'm planning on going to a class during lunch today, otherwise here @WIP 🌹

Oh, a gym class sounds like fun @Anastasia  What type of class is it? Hope you enjoy!!

💞

Hello @WIP it is Hi Intensity Interval training...last time I did it my legs ached for days - eeek

But it's "fun" and I do it with my colleague 

What are you up to today? It's DBT tomorrow, are you finding that it has been beneficial or is it too early to tell?

Hi @Anastasia 

How'd your interval training class go? That sounds right up my alley. Well, my alley from a few years ago. I used to love doing interval training - both cardio and weights. Weights more so I think.

Unfortunatley, I don't think my health insurance will cover Pilates class, but it's worth asking - thanks for the tip. The classes I've looked at here in Melbourne certainly aren't as well priced as they are where @Emelia8 goes. Wish they were though! I received a notice that my monthly health insurance is going up again at the beginning of April. Almost unaffordable for me, but I need to keep psychiatric hospital cover up my sleeve just incase, and I chew thru Chiro/Osteo so quickly it's not funny. Ho hum, everything is expensive these days.

How was your afternoon working from home- less stressful I hope?

Hi @WIP 

It was great although too much jumping for my liking. I have a bad knee. After mentioning it to you, I checked my cover and it does if the dr endorses it is for a medical reason. My health insurance is going up too...sigh. It's needed though so wouldn't risk not having it now. It's just a shame it's sooooooo much hey?

Yes working from home was a nice change of pace. Going to do it gain tomorrow to recharge batteries even more 🙂

DBT tomorrow. Please let me know how you go, I'd love that L xoxo

Hi @Anastasia 

Im so glad to hear you enjoyed your class, but make sure you take caution with your knee if you continue to do the class.

Just on a break during my DBT class.  We are covering Interpersonal Effectiveness this week. It's good so far.

This course is only 12 weeks long & just scratches the surface of DBT, but honestly I think that's all I can handle at the moment. I don't think I'm mentally ready to commit to the 6 month course, where you spend a whole day attending the course and having a session with their psychologist.  It took me so long to find my existing psychologist, I'm not prepared to give her up yet. Besides, she's the DBT manager here at the hospital, so I'm in safe hands. I might reenrol in this 12 week course again, as I missed a couple of classes when I had my fall.

Sorry, I'm babbling away.

I hope you have a good day working from home.

Im going to do Health Insurance comparisons over the coming days, hopefully save a few dollars 🤞🤞

That sounds like a really good plan @WIP 

It is way too much to take in so doing it over makes complete sense. 

I called the comparison people and they did the work for me, then I called the provider that was "the winner" myself to clarify that what I had been told was 100% accurate. I was nervous around changing because I did not want to have waiting periods for anything that I was already covered for on the plan I had. (I had to increase the cover from basic to top to get my boy into a private clinic in the beginning)

Gosh it feels like a life time ago now... Good luck L, it's worth doing the comparison. 

Enjoy the rest of your class xoxo

@WIP my friend, how was dbt? sitting with you tonight if you need some company. know the days have been shitty. hope your little furbaby is keeping you warm and giving you lots of snuggles. 

You're Important to me @WIP ❣️

IMG_20210304_080803.jpg

Thank you lovely lady @Anastasia 

you are so very important and specil to me. I look each morning to see what you've posted!

I so wish I knew you irl.

Thank you for being you & I hope I bring something to our friendship too, have a lovely day!

im on my ow again, Mum is visiting sister interstate for the next week. I need to practice lots of self care to overcome the isolation. I didn't sleep well last night - not a good start. But I got lots of Levi ciddles, so that helped.

love you, L

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance