Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Can't find any support

In what way @Former-Member ?

Former-Member
Not applicable

I found it a bit abrupt. I'm  just going to ask if I can delete my account, same with Reach Out @Former-Member 

@Former-Member  It is your choice if you would like to stay or not but no one here wants you to leave. I think forums can be tricky because they are just people and everyone has other lives outside so sometimes things don’t happen quickly or the way we want, it can also be hard to communicate because it is only via text and you can’t get as much information that way. I don’t think anyone intended to make you feel unwelcome but I must admit I am a little confused as to how to support you in the way that you would like. You have said you wanted to ‘talk’ and I am not sure exactly what that means for you but you are always free to talk although if you are looking for fast responsive chatting then that may be difficult in this forum as it isn’t really set up for such things. Is there something in particular you wanted from sane? Also I guess sometimes when communicating online it is best to stay away from assumptions about others motives so perhaps when you said that other didn’t want to speak with you, it could be seen as something upsetting to other members who had replied to your earlier threads. I try and just refer to my own feelings where possible this isn’t meant to be a criticism just a thought about maybe where there has been a miscommunication. You are entitled to feel however you feel and I hope you are able to find the support you need whatever your choice is in regards to the forums. 

Hi @Former-Member 

I agree with @Former-Member  there have been lots of replies to your posts. I, among others have replied. 
I'm sorry you feel thst no one has spoken to you. 
it is your choice whether you stsy or leave but the forum is all about sharing, connecting and responding which I thought we did. 
take care 

Hi @Former-Member 

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been happy with your experience on SANE forums and that you would like to delete your account.  I shall be following up with a separate email to you on this.  

Mika

@Former-Member I echo what @Former-Member @Eden1919 and @BlueBay have said here. In fact I found it quite offensive that you stated you did not have support when for the first 2 days you were on here I conversed with you, tagged you into threads and replied to all threads and all posts you tagged me in. In fact I went out of my way to not only include you but answer all your posts (and all new threads you started) until you no longer replied to me. The statements you made 'I can't seem to find any support on here' and 'I don't find these forums helpful, no one wants to talk to me or nothing' made me feel like I personally did not matter after providing you with so much support. I also noticed many others including you yet replies were not forthcoming.

I also ask what it is you want out of the forum? It seems that you are wanting more than online communication can provide. Online communication is not always immediate and in real time - that is the nature of online forums - and if that is what you need then maybe we cannot provide tht here for you.

I am very aware that you do not have many offline supports and also that you are still trying to work out a lot in your life but it is also a two-way street here. We give and we accept support and are also very aware that each off us have our own 'issues', experiences and battles to face. This is a peer to peer support forum and as such we support each other from a personal level with what we know and have learnt in our own journeys - we are not counsellors but peers that have our own mental health issues. Many of us have developed strong connections to each other over time ...and that is important - it has taken time ...and a lot of mutual support.

It is entirely up to you whether you stay or leave but know that within this community we look after each other, support each other and pick each other up when it is needed ...and we share the load - sometimes some more than others and sometimes when we just can - and amongst that we are all dealing with our own mental health. Maybe the question you should ask yourself is not just what you want out of the forum but what you need to move forward yourself - and where the forum sits within that. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I wasn't trying to offend anyone or ask for too much, I'm sorry everyone. And for not replying too. I've asked that my account here and on Reach Out is deleted. Sorry if I upset or offended anyone and for misunderstanding. Please don't be mad and hate me. I'm sorry 

@Zoe7 @Mika @BlueBay @Eden1919 @Former-Member 

No-one is mad and definitely no-one hates you @Former-Member but it does seem you need more than we can provide. We totally understand your request to delete your account - that is very much your decision - but if you work out what you need and the forum fits into that then we would certainly welcome you back with open arms. Take care of yourself and I hope you find what you are looking for and the support you need.

Nobody is going to hate you @Former-Member, and I support what @Zoe7  and others have said ..... you are very welcome to stay here, or return, if you feel the need to leave for a while.  We do care about you.  Maybe stepping back for a few days will help you work out what sort of support you would like from the forums now that you have had a chance to look around at the different kind of threads here, and meet a few of the folks on them.

Nobody is perfect and we all have our good days and not-so-good ones.  Take care of you .....

@Former-Member  No one hates you. I think that it can be hard, you said you don’t have a lot of support irl and I find these forums to be kind of like sauce in a meal it adds flavor but it isn’t the main item and you can’t just eat sauce all the time it isn’t enough. In that way the forums aren’t a good substitute for professional support they can be a great additional support for people but they don’t tend to make a good main support. I get that struggling alone is hard and sometimes we feel so desperate for some one or something to help that we get very let down when the first thing we try or even the 10th thing we try isn’t working right away. I guess the thing is sane isn’t really able to help in the way that would fix anything going on with us it is just really a place to find connections with others who can understand a way to feel less alone. That is the support on offer here but support to fix problems is not something sane can really give. As others have said if you want to stay or go that is your choice but I guess if I was making that decision and I did stay I would take some time to figure out what I really needed and if this was the place I could get it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance