Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

AggieFobia
Casual Contributor

Anxiety and Paranoid

Hi New here thought' id join after seeing a post, I have Anxiety disorder but at times i find Paranoia comes into it , is that normal?. Like example someone asks me a question? or i says something , and im like are they referring to me?... or fill a form in and perhaps a Gov one and think who sees this?.  Its not all the time but when Anxiety is high etc.. I just want to know how to calm it down a bit thanks 😄 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Anxiety and Paranoid

hi @AggieFobia and welcome
i do find myself getting quite paranoid as well. i think everyone likes to question things whne it comes to personal details whether they have mental health issues or not. sometimes our mind runs a little riot though in creating scenarios that arent all that real though.

sometimes thought challanging can be helpful in this case. have you heard of that before?

Hi Outlander yes I've heard of CBT but didn't help much, mindfullness did though. I can never seem to really stop it perhaps its normal to some extent?. But then i go onto catastrophe thinking also, then doubting how much is actually true and not? or could come real. As in the past a few thing have which kind of re-enforce this thinking. :/.

hi @AggieFobia
sorry i wasnt very clear, i meant 'thought challanging' as an actual exercise. there is a thread here i can link you too if you were interested. it helps to reason with the catastophie style thinking.

@Sans911 i wonder if you could share any strategies that might be helpful?

Hi and welcome to the forums @AggieFobia 

Like @outlander has said 'thought challenging' is a good exercise to do. I have learnt mine through dbt, a therapy a bit more advanced then cbt. Ask yourself to check the facts. Is this really about me, is this true? Or am I just over thinking?

You already know yourself quite well, and you've said mindfulness helps. So perhaps when you find yourself in those situations, stop yourself, try to clear your mind, and really think about the facts of the situation. Don't judge, just observe. You might find this helps.

And yes, I too get anxious and paranoid as well. Sometimes it spirals a little out of control so I really have to focus on being mindful, in the moment, and checking whether the facts are all there. Often they're not, and I can relax a little.

All the very best

Thankyou everyone good advice :D.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance