Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Anxiety after newborn got sick.

Thank you. 

I am considering calling PANDA while i wait for mental health team to come out and see me as there is a few weeks wait to see them. 

I can still not eat or sleep properly and the not sleeping is starting to interfere with day to day life as i have no energy to do anything but i am still able to look after bubs and other kids. 

I am going to call GP and ask if there is anything that will help to get me back to eating at least small meals even if its a piece of fruit or a couple of pieces of fruit. 

My meds have started to work somewhat but i still don’t want to be alone or leave bibs. 

Hi again @Megz90.  It is good to hear that you are going to talk to your GP as this is a really good support option for both your physical and mental health.  It is also good that you are considering giving us a call as we often provide a place where callers can feel held by our support, until services on the ground are available.  Once they are in place we can continue to give you follow up calls for as long as you like. 

Given how hard things are for you at the moment, we hope you will reach out. Often callers will tell us how hard it was to pick up the phone as they are used to managing on their own. But  being mum to little children is such demanding work and you deserve to receive nurturing care too. 

Thank you. 

I am considering calling PANDA while i wait for mental health team to come out and see me as there is a few weeks wait to see them. 

I can still not eat or sleep properly and the not sleeping is starting to interfere with day to day life as i have no energy to do anything but i am still able to look after bubs and other kids. 

I am going to call GP and ask if there is anything that will help to get me back to eating at least small meals even if its a piece of fruit or a couple of pieces of fruit. 

My meds have started to work somewhat but i still don’t want to be alone or leave bubs. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance