Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Thanks @BlueBay Things are going well with work and it is very much a relief after what I went through at the end of last year.

@Shaz51  There is some good news with your kidney being stable my sister. Not great about your Mum but glad they caught it early and she has ABs to get the infection under control.

@Faith-and-Hope @BlueBay @Shaz51 @MDT @Former-Member @Appleblossom @Sans911 @Snowie @Teej @CheerBear  and all following along...

Very tired today and it took me some time to get going this morning. I made it to work on time still but need to be able to motivate myself and get ready earlier than I did today.

I am starting to have to plan out some activities for some students and getting to know some of the systems at work so they are all good things.

I am still getting to know the kids and their names but getting there - it will take a lot more time as I am covering nearly all classes from prep to grade 6 and there are 370 students at the school Smiley Surprised

Tomorrow is a big day again with psych then DBT and pdoc. I had to cancel my GP appointment again as it was at the same time as my psych appointment (we put them all in in advance) but psych is harder to get a time for so I needed to keep that one. I am finding that I don't need so many appointments so regularly as I still have pdoc every week after DBT so will probably make psych and GP monthly to give me a little more time on Wednesdays to recover while I am still getting used to being back at work.

All in all a good day - just need some rest tonight so may try for a really early night.

Hope everyone else has had an okay day Heart

💚💐 @Zoe7  .... 

Good to have your update Hon.

I am still on the go, so will catch up with you by leaving a message later,and maybe receiving your reply in the morning .....

Rest well 😘💕

Look forward to hearing all about your day later Hon. Not sure how long I can stay up tonight so it may very well be a reply tomorrow - hoping I am up erly enough to come onto the forum before my psych appointment - if I can sleep erly enough that may be possible. I think I need to get to bed even earlier to be able to get up and going earlier - still very tired in the morning so will talk to my pdoc tomorrow about meds and maybe have to take them even earlier than I presently am doing @Faith-and-Hope  Leaving you some of these Heart and a lot of these 💐

Good on you @Zoe7
🙂

@Faith-and-Hope @MDT @BlueBay @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Teej @CheerBear @Sans911 @Snowie @Adge @eth @Owlunar  @Former-Member @Maggie @Appleblossom  @Sam3  and all following along...

Today was my early appointment with my psych - we didn't actually talk about too much and that really cemented for me that these appointments are now too close together and I don't need them as much as I used to. We did some relaxation and I nearly fell asleep lol

DBT was as normal - the group is really lovely and easy to talk in so that makes it easy when we go around the table to talk about our week. Mine was really positive today as I have had a good week. They were really happy to hear all the positive things the Assistant Principal said to me last week and that I am enjoying the school.

Pdoc was also really good. Here is the really good news - she thinks I am doing so well that she wants to change appointments to fortnightly and for 30 minutes instead of 45 minutes. She did say that she will be seeing me for quite some time yet after how unwell I was but that spacing out appointments and increasing the time between appointments she will do slowly. If anything happens we can increase appointments again but she also said that she thinks I can handle those things so much better now anyway. I had been thinking of decreasing my GP and psych appointments but hadn't really thought about my pdoc ones - so it is nice that she can see the difference in me and acknowledges how well I am going. She also said she looks forward to seeing me for that reason - especially from where I have come from. She praised me for doing the work to get where I am now and I responded with 'I have had a very supportive team around me" - that support includes all you guys here (and moderators along this journey). It is actually days like this that I really miss those who have been on that journey with me and for one reason or another are no longer part of the forum - those people are truly missed Smiley Sad

Going to work my way through those 'missing people' feelings this afternoon - I think I can do that on my own - which is a far cry from what I could have said previously.

To all those in the forum community - past and present - I am truly grateful that I have had you all with me as you have all helped me so much. This really is a unique place that many of us rely on as part of our support network and it is the people that make it that way. Sending all of you love, light and hope and a huge thank you for being here from me Heart

It’s all sounding positive @Zoe7 

really happy for you xxoo

Things are moving forward @BlueBay - still baby steps in some instances but larger steps in others. The next couple of weeks we will see how things are when I have less appointments and more time at home on Wednesdays - hopefully that will help me get through work and maybe not have to sleep all day on Saturdays.

agree @Zoe7

Sometimes it is hard to see that some people leave the forum. This can be a bit upsetting but at the same time that's the way it "has to be".

also hi @BlueBay

Sometimes I forget just how many people are regulars on here and how many people perhaps make an account and then leave. Again, that's how it is.

With all that happens in mental health and the experiences we have - it is what it is. I often wonder where some people are now too. People I met at different support groups, hospital and other people I've met through MH charities. But I suppose this lesson can be applied to a lot in life - we always wonder what happens to those other people from school, uni, work and old friends.

Happy you had a good day my friend. Keep it up 🙂 It is inspiring

Hi @MDT  i often wonder how you are but then forget to write to you. 

I’m off to hospital tomorrow morning for a break from everyday stress as well as been triggered agsin from a session yesterday. 

I too wonder how others are Going. 

How are you going @MDT ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance