Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Glad you got your tools @TAB and you have some more work there in a couple of weeks. I know it is not ideal for you but at least you will have a little money coming in.

@Flying_Hams @Sam3 How is the job hunting going for you both? Any prospects yet?

@Sam3 Some days we just feel like crying but there is nothing there - but those days do pass also. It is super tough though and feeling like you should be better for everyone else makes it even harder. You can only be the best version of yourself as you can be and often that is hard to do when dealing with a mental illness so give yourself a break Hon - you can only do what you can do and as you start to work through other things in your life you can also begin to work on yourself - but that won't happen overnight and that is okay Heart

thanks @Zoe7  yes its about shifting expectations I guess. 

Yeah maybe reality checking. @TAB It is natural to resist change a bit, and also to take time to process it.

Smiley Happy

@Flying_Hams 

Enjoying spanish tango that came on after your last Samba was posted on the other thread. I love world music, especially any latino influenced ...

Smiley Happy

@Zoe7 

It is so good to hear you thinking with optimism about your coming year, without too much stress. We cannot anticipate everything.  WTG with the garage.

Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy

I actually had a shelf fall down a couple of days ago. It frightened the life out of King Cat and I laxing on the bed.  I did not realise it was the built in shelf in my wardrobe ... I had thought it was neighbour in the garage ... so much for my directional hearing! 

My house is really falling apart.  It is budget, but still has been a good home for me.  Another thing for my long list .... sigh ... maybe its mirroring life a little ... the falling apart ... and the work of solving problems ... one thing at a time.... plumber was here yesterday ...  that will be an ongoing project ... WIll need a carpenter too now and the painting that I began 15 months ago. I really cannot do it all.  Son very ... not interested.  Oh well ... I have had worse ... Lady in post office today saved me buying packing tape which was nice ... even though I had torn the packaging ... Library lady nice too.

Smiley Happy

@Sam3 Yes I am very much a parent and sadly know the difficulties of parenting when dealing with bereavement and mental illness.  Sometimes survival is all we can manage.  SOmetimes it is like that for a long time.  Survival and survival of kids is DEFINITELY A PLUS.  Dont discount that.  My youngest is now 26.  Maybe some books about bereavement to just tell stories of natural consequences. Gently adjusting expectations as @TAB suggests ... for them as well as you.  

You really only can do what you can do.

Smiley Happy

That said meds always need to be revised as life goes on.

Antidep ... can lift mood ... therefore give energy ... but are also used for anxiety ...

Tranquilisers given to sedate ... may be in conflict ... antidep ... I am adjusting mine ... as I feel the antidep were making me feel more manic .. than was healthy ... trying to balance it all.

Hi @CheerBear

Smiley Happy

TAKE CARE ALL

Smiley Happy

that's good re people being friendly @Appleblossom I was OTT chatty at shops yest, dunno where that came from, ok in response to 'can I help you"' or something like that I just smiled and said to woman behind counter 'no I just came here to chat' well, what she said sounded stupid, like what else would I be doing there but buying stuff hah surprised myself that brain come up with semi funny comeback so quick lol

sort of @Zoe7

It's getting a bit testing actually. Continually worrying that I'm not going to make it or that I simply not good enough for certain positions. That it's overwhelmingly competitive for even the smallest type of role...

I'd be lying if I said I didn't regret my choices. But it is what it is.

5 years to make it count.

Sorry to bring a negative tone here. Not great atm though.

you're sounding like me lately  @Flying_Hams soz lol gawd Ive got to snap out of this. Apparently stopping smoking can cause depression I read yesterday Yay anyway won't go on anymore it's not helping me or anyone reading it.  

I hear your @TAB

Mental health sucks. Hope you are alright. Quitting smoking takes guts. Respect to you old Darth..

Well that was one good thing that came from my summer of .. ok discontent .. lol re smoking .. day 17 today @Flying_Hams I just worried myself into a corner too much negative thinking and unrealistic goals then p’ed off at self when couldn’t do them. Anyway time to ease up on myself re expectations

hey everyone

Hi @Flying_Hams what's up?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance