Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hi @CheerBear  @Zoe7  I typed a long reply yesterday and then lost it when my internet connection dropped out.  The only news I have this morning is that I didn't end up having to walk far yesterday after all, they dropped me off a few houses away.  Today I'm going to water tai chi again, which I always enjoy.

Good morning also to @Mazarita  @Faith-and-Hope  @Exoplanet  @Adge  @greenpea and anyone else around here this morning.

Hope today has got off to a peaceful start for all.

Sounds like you’re making headway @TAB  .... good job 👍 

About to shower then wake D3 for uni.  She missed classes last Tuesday.  Too much going on, and first class on Monday was a bit crap - tutor was stressed out and behaving badly.

Okay .... she’s up and off .... got herself together despite being really nervous 🎉

Hi @Faith-and-Hope   Good to hear your daughter got herself organized this morning.  Not so good about a tutor behaving badly - that's very unprofessional.  Hope they are better today.  Did you find a suitable support worker yet?

Yes to most of that @eth .....

We both had the errant tutor yesterday and they were much better than last Monday ..... in my class they were very professional to the point where I would have considered them a different person.  In D3’s class they were a little more fatigued it seems, and not quite as steady, but without the experience of last week to compare to, who would know ?  In any case, it looks at this stage as though that situation will settle down.  It’s just a shame that that was D3’s introductory lesson into our course ..... and together with mr.f&h’s unsettled behaviour, it laid her low the next day.  But ..... onward, upward ..... she is engaged and functioning, and functioning well 👍🎉🤞

Yes, I have found a beautiful carer, and just in time ..... mr. is going to be away for an extra uni day this week, and without my carer being virtually on call for the other days in the week, aside from the two we have engaged her for, I would have been stuck again, and very stressed about it.  We now have a coping facility, plus a back-up ..... 👍🎉

S2 is up and functioning too 👍🎉

So, so far, so good .... and the visitors her brought over with him last week, then decided he was too busy to manage, head back west with him later today.

That's wonderful news about the carer you've found @Faith-and-Hope .  

Good morning @Exoplanet @eth @Faith-and-Hope @TAB 

Good morning everyone.

Psychologist appoinment this morning, have to drive in & out of city (peak traffic).

Then Termite inspection & treatment, for the entire rest of the day - more than 4 hours, they reckon.

Adge

Hey @Adge   hope things go according to plan and that  you have a good session with your psychologist.

Mine's been away the last two weeks so when I see her tomorrow it will be the first time in 3 weeks.  I'm used to seeing her weekly.  So much to tell her and debrief but it might be an EMDR session - not sure.

yes, possibly, thanks @Faith-and-Hope it's time out anyway oh, yes the smoking.  I guess it's first year re D and tutes, and first one, cos its well not that important at this end of the year esp if you know other students(?) 

Mr.’s mi has triggered genetic mi issues in the kids @TAB ..... part of their recovery is getting their feet under them at uni, making friends, practicing self-care, positive self-talk, etc and getting up and in with life.  It’s been a battle, so celebrating any / all

progress.

well there's lots of people looking for friends at uni esp at the start of first year, that's normal @Faith-and-Hope 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance