Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Ugh the forum has gone all funny looking for me @eth! Not sure if it is a mobile thing but it is jumbled and so bright.

I'm OK. I felt sad while I was reading it. I was thinking of you and how confronting that might have been to think of. As difficult as it can be to read close to home stuff, I find it can also be validating and almost hopeful as the impact of it all becomes more/more widely understood.

Bombed out is not a bad thing. I had a lie down with a kitten which was nice.

@CheerBear  I kinda thought you'd understand.  I'm going to the beach.  Hopefully some sea breeze and salt water will clear the funk in my brain.

Forum looked weird to me too when I last posted but seems normal again now.

Have a peaceful evening.  Kitten cuddles sound good.

Hope you enjoy the beach @eth and that funk passes ❤

Hope your visit to the beach helps abit @eth

Morning everyone 🙂

@eth wondering how your evening was and how you are this morning. I hope your unsettled feelings passed.

@Mazarita hope your day was one with good and that you enjoyed friend visit if you caught up with her.

Morning @outlander, @greenpea, @Exoplanet and all ❤

@CheerBear Good morning CheerBear 🙂 . Hoping you have a lovely day today. Will be 36 degrees here 😮 so am heading out early with daughter to the coffee shop and to do some shopping. Wishing everyone @Mazarita@outlander@eth@Shaz51@TAB@Exoplanet and everyone a wonderful day. Hoping you all find a cool place to be. Love greenpea xxxx

Ugh the heat is getting to many of us at the moment it seems @greenpea! We had a very uncomfortable hot and humid one yesterday but today is supposed to be much nicer. Hope you and your daughter enjoy your coffee and find some comfort in a (hopefully) cool shop! ❤

Good Morning @greenpea it's 18 deg here ok 5am , got heater on lol, ok not for much longer. Only 33 here today, coolest day this year by a bit 

Good Morning Everyone Cat Happy

Morning everyone 👋

Hoping the days a good one for you all. Ita already 28 degrees here with 35 degrees expected but alot cooler tomorrow thankfully!
Already got the curbside cleanup sorted now awaiting scrap and someone else to purchase as well as a delivery.

@greenpea- they predicted 42 outside {predicting 40 today - they're saying 40+ for
a while yet}, good on you doing yoga, is that like a form of meditation as well, that may help dealing with the heat? Wishing you a lovely cool day too 😉

@TAB- I live out in the sticks, getting towards half-way to the middle of Australia. I've lived in a tent before, I went from a tent to a caravan to a bus, before my extended shed got put up. It's hot in summer. Reckon I'd go for the house if you can.

@CheerBear- Having the air-cooler going makes soooooo much difference 🙂 My staffy doesn't seem to use the little pool, I encourage him each day - it's odd because he loves to swim {even though sometimes it looks like he's drowning!} I hope your feeling better now & your energy has returned.

@Shaz51- Thanks Shaz 🙂 How's Mr Shaz going? Do you know if diabetes makes you feel less heat? I remember my Father towards the end, I'd turn up on a stinking hot day & the place would be closed up tight. I'd open the windows & he'd get cranky 'cause he'd have to shut them at night. Myself, during summer, the only time I shut windows is when the rains coming in - and only the lounge & bedroom ones 'cause I don't want the computer or bed getting wet.

@eth- An early afternoon walk sounds a bit hot, shame you couldn't change it to early evening - or even better a moonlit beach walk 🙂 Hope you got to enjoy it all the same. I've done a couple of productive things the past couple of days, despite the heat. Yesterday I went out with the hoe & a bit of salt & did my best to deter some of the tree saplings & shoots along the outside of the fence line. It's odd, but I haven't done the outside until then, I don't feel inclined to go outside of it, even though I know it's still my property. I got about half-way & then had decidedly had enough {though I kept going - knowing I wouldn't want to go outside it again for a while} The thing that annoyed me most, was my glasses wouldn't stay on my face! By that time I was sweating like a pig & even standing upright they kept sliding down my nose, as soon as I bent forward to chip with the hoe, I needed a hand to hold them on - that's really hard whilst your trying to chip with a hoe!!! 😄 Today I went out with my little wire brushes {cute toothbrush sized ones} & cleaned the main solar battery terminals up. I've been running out of power each night {would probably help if I got tired a bit earlier}, am hoping a better connection will increase the charge. Again I sweated my glasses off - AAUUGGHH!!! 😄 Great to hear you got some longer blocks of sleep the other night, I've been taking my herbal sleep assist tablets & been waking at a much more decent hour {well, I'm still waking ridiculously early, but I'm going back to sleep after}. I think it kind of frightens me when my sleep pattern mucks up, it tends to be when I go looney.

@Adge- Hoping you get well soon, glad to hear your situation has been properly
recognized & will be prioritized & treated very soon.

@MazaritaHeart - Ye Ha with the 5 hours sleep in one continuous block 🙂 I hoped a little more sleep might start creeping in. Your body & in particular the processes of your brain, would be making you pretty tired after a month & a half of not enough sleep, especially running super-creative as it is!

@outlander- Hello to you! & big hugs & lots of love your way too 🙂

I know my posts are pretty selfish, they're mostly about me, I guess I don't get to
talk about me much - cause I don't talk much. The local librarian, I'm kind of sad
that she's leaving, even though she kind of scared me. She was a stickler for the
rules. I wonder what the next one will be like, I bet she doesn't chat like this one
did.

Love to all that need or want it Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance