Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

studying..... study methods

hi everyone

so im doing a online course but im wondering what sort of study methods you like to use?

at the moment im just doing the weekly assignments and just reading over the notes and creating my own notes but id like some other methods and was wondering what other people use?

also how many hours a day do you think is pretty reasonable for the amount of study time?

at the moment im doing about an hour and a half a day do you think this is pretty reasonable?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: studying..... study methods

Yes 1 1/2 hours per day and online study are very reasonable. @Former-Member  Steady she goies.

It all depends how many commitments a person can manage .. but when dealing with pain and depression .. its fantastic you are doing all that.Smiley Happy

youve seen some of my other posts @Appleblossom??

Yes @Former-Member I am big on studying usually ..

knowledge does help in a lot of areas in life

but giving myself a few years off.Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yeah i jumped straight into caring after my hsc but i started a course this year and quite enjoying it
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member. Up until recently I was studying online and had been for a long time. One of my goals is to get back to study asap. I loved being an online student and found there are so many benefits. It's good to hear you're enjoying your course.

An hour and a half a day definitely sounds reasonable and it also sounds like you're keeping on track and doing extra by writing your own notes to make sure you're understanding the content.

That's pretty much how I was doing it too. Reading the material, taking notes as I went and doing any tasks. I also spent time researching wider than the course material if I was really interested in something in particular, or if I was struggling to understand anything.

Another thing that really helped me as an online student was to try and connect with other students. It helped me be able to bounce ideas around, make sure I was on track and be able to get different perspectives etc.

Hope you continue to find your course enjoyable for a long time 🙂

Hi there @Former-Member,

That's so great you are enjoying your course and committed to doing 1.5hours a day in study.

I usually mix it up between doing either an hour a day around 3 times a week or one day/week of catching up on everything. I find for me working under pressure is more my style, I just can't seem to really get into it if there is no pressure to do it. I'll find myself cleaning or weeding the backyard if something isn't due for a while haha.

Everyone is so different! I also find that rewarding myself after study helps, so that might be having something yummy (and healthy) afterwards or before as well as giving myself at least one day a week with no study and just time to enjoy myself with friends, etc.

Lunar 🙂

hi @Lunar

haha i get abit like that and start looking for things to do. if im ahead, ill just flick over the notes and if it only takes half an hour ill just do the half hour but i still try to do some sort of study per day so that i dont fall behind and i continuously get to revise and remember what it says. i dont have the best of memeories though so i have to work extra hard to keep on top

hi @Former-Member yeah i quite enough my studying, though i dont have the best memory so i have to work extra hard.

yeah sometimes ill have to look somethings up as i dont really understand it then itll lead to another thing and it gets really interesting and just keeps expanding my knowledge.

thats a good idea, to connect with other students i think i might look into that. thanks! 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance