Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wow Moments

IMG_20170207_224312.png

Yesterday I accidentally found myself standing under this, the largest Cork Tree (aka Wishing Tree) in Australia. Apparently Edward Parker brang the seedling over from England in a jam tin and planted it in Wood St Tenterfield 1861 where I found it, my wow moment to share.

If you have a wow moment, plz share it with us 🙂

21 REPLIES 21
NikNik
Senior Contributor

Re: Wow Moments

My wow moment was yesterday when a storm started in Sydney.

The lightning and thunder were amazing. It was some of the loudest thunder I've ever heard!

Mother nature is pretty cool.

Former-Member
Not applicable

I know you're feeling pretty crappy at the moment @TAB. It's not gonna cheer you up but I thought of you when I saw this. It's a wow moment for me. Storm coming in over Moota Bay in Jan this year. Not sure how familiar you are with this part of Yorkes. IMG_2756.JPG

Here is my wow moment for the day

butterfly.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20160911_181808.jpg

Wow! totally freaked me out 'till my brain processed that it wasn't a snake, yikes! Found this handsome fella under something while cleaning up out back. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Yep that would have been a wow and OMG moment for me @Former-Member

Blue Tongue @Former-Member?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Yes @Kurra, its a healthy bluetongue, always one or two way n my yard. Gives me a fright when I lift things they're under, especially when theyre curled up poke that, so scared of snakes! 

@Former-Member Snakes definitely deserve respect and distance!
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20170303_193357.png

Took this photo on my road trip last month. I was so pleased to find civilization after a couple of hours that I took a photo and ehas blinded by a bright light, I think it is an angel, I was never alone 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance