Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Word for the Day - Comfort or Play

a flooded creeka flooded creek

beautifulbeautiful

the beachthe beach

@outlander, @Teej, @Former-Member, @Bill16, @Time, @MoonGal, @Bimby2

Wow @Maggie @Shaz51 they are really pretty pictures!

Ive heard that too @Appleblossom i read a meme i always find amusing that days humans are basically cucumbers with anxiety.

@utopia floating while looking at the sky is pretty peaceful

Yep @Appleblossom. Water we are. We know that when we didn’t do enough pelvic floor exercises and some leaks whenever we sneeze or laugh or...or....or 😂

Water is calming for me. I love watching waves crashing. I also love when it’s very still and looks like glass. At one of my fave places (an almost spiritual place) you cant hear anything else except the huge roar of the ocean and the sea spray hitting your face feels invigorating to me. 

DDEF6E7A-2617-4EDC-91FA-801041993242.jpegE5BBDC94-A752-488E-861F-C74FB63C5088.jpegC5A20D1A-E858-411B-832D-D0CD83150938.jpegI’m always fascinated but the weather and clouds that bring us water.I’m always fascinated but the weather and clouds that bring us water.Without water we wouldnt have snow. I have an obsession with snow scenery.Without water we wouldnt have snow. I have an obsession with snow scenery.The smell of rain and drops of dew on flowers and leaves are amongst my fave things.The smell of rain and drops of dew on flowers and leaves are amongst my fave things.

I love listening to the rain, watching water flow in nature, & meditating to the sounds of running water in nature. Smiley Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luRkeDCoxZ4

@Teej they are pretty pictures, it amazing how watching the waves can be quite soothing.

@SunFlower_7 listening to the rain is lovely!

We love living near a creek (but it's hard to relax with your feet in the water due to mozzies!) and I've loved swimming since I was a kid. Preferably in a natural waterway. I'm not fond of chlorine.
But right at this moment, my favourite water would be a relaxing hot bubby bath. Regretfully, ours is a little half length hip bath, so I'll have to keep on dreaming.

bubble bath.jpg

I would love a bath like that too! @Smc how nice would that be

I walk two minutes across a busy highway from my front door, and find the Pacific Ocean. As I cross over in my jaywalking way, I am careful of the real sharks on that road: those cars are more dangerous than the seafaring kind. Then, in stark contrast, an open expanse of water and sky, meeting at distant horizon. I drink in the shifting colours of waves: deep blue and green through to shimmering aqua. When I walk on the beach, I go barefoot, with feet in the shallows. It keeps me cool in this warm climate, is refreshing, caressing. 

I love rain too, preferably without thunder and lightning. Sometimes when it rains, I go out beyond the cover of my courtyard, to feel the drops falling on me for a while. Having no car, I usually stay at home on a day drenched in rain. A steady downpour over hours makes me feel safe and wrapped up in a soothing coccoon. The soft white noise drowns out the harsh sounds of busy daytime, and I feel peaceful and protected from the hard-edged world. Sometimes I find rain brings emotional release, and I feel my heart moving in a healing way. Sometimes the rain brings me blessed tears. Sometimes it seems to cry for me.

Watery nature, the elixir of life.

sunset-1373171_1920.jpg

TY Mazarita for what you described, as I lived it in my mind while reading it. You made me smile, & feel good. Smiley Very Happy

@Mazaritaxo

Hi there @SunFlower_7 it's really important you respond to our e-mails, please check your inbox as soon as you're able. 🙂 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance