Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: With coffee .... without coffee. A place for us coffee lovers and coffee!

thanks for your condolences @Gazza75 , you're always so understanding. The whole extended family is coming together so that's nice.

Yes, you're probably right about my friend, maybe I should give her some space. I was going to send her a message asking if she was ok but that may crowd her.

I'm not going especially well with getting up earlier, struggling! I still have the rest of the week to get it together so that's good. It's good that you sleep deeply, give your body all the repair time it needs each day. I've got my hair cut & got some new work clothes so it's good to have that prep out of the way (not my fav activites).

Hope you have a good Tuesday & the sun shines through, enjoy your decaf Smiley Happy

hi @LadyleahRDBloom @Appleblossom @Owlunar @Former-Member hope you're enjoying an invigorating coffee - I've had two and will try my hardest to do some exercise today. Have a good one Smiley Happy

@BryanaCamp 

I find that sending friends who are struggling, texting them a funny cartoon/meme/other lets them know I am thinking of them with no pressure at their end.

download (24).jpg

thanks @Former-Member that's a great idea, I would never think of doing that! I think that is actually her style as she prefers not to talk things through.

Morning @Gazza75 how are you travelling today? Hope you're not working too hard, sounds like you're a bit under the pump at the moment. I'm sure you'll get there in time with your fitness/weight goals, that's frustrating your GP and psychologist don't seem to be on board, they should be supporting you. My GP  told me the whole family of anti-psychotics have caused metabolic changes in all her pateints who are on them, i.e. lots of weight gain, heading towards obesity and diabetes in a few years. That scared the hell out of me so I took her recommendation and changed to an AP that is less like that, still monitoring with blood tests to see how it's panning out. Unfortunately it's not as effective as the last one for symptom relief.

Coffee got to me to here yesterday.. very tall trees Smiley Happyeucs.JPG

Morning @Appleblossom @Owlunar @Former-Member 

hope everyone enjoys a nice coffee today and has a peaceful Wednesday. I'm off to volunteering so will have to keep my energy and patience up!

Morning to you too @BryanaCamp .  And hi to others around @LadyleahRDBloom @Former-Member @Gazza75 @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @Owlunar 

Same as you @BryanaCamp , its my volunteer work day today. Away last week, so its important I get there today. Meanwhile .. I need a nice hot cuppa.

Have a good day everyone.

Sherry

Hey @BryanaCamp , I'm doing really well.  Heading out to my farm this afternoon and that always put's me in a good place.  I'm under the pump a little bit, but, its been worse in previous years.  When I first started it was very hectic, now its not so bad.  I really don't feel like I'm getting much support from my GP, the psychologist is very understanding and thoughtful about everything except the weight.  

I am well on the road you describe, I am obese which I never have been before.  I've been having regular blood tests.  I am tapering off the meds, but, the damage has been done and its hard to keep motivated without gaining any progress.  It's all happening a little too slowly for my liking.  I'm glad you have a good GP and you are on something that is working for you.  I honestly think I could of come off the meds a whole lot sooner and quicker than I have.

It looks like you picked a really good spot and day for your hiking adventures.  Thanks for sharing it with us all. 

Coffee can get you anywhere! 😉  Have a great day and take care BryanaCamp

@Former-Member- Really enjoy the picture you post, makes me smile and have a good laugh.  Not sure where you find them all! 🙂

Hey @Former-Member , nice to hear from you.  🙂

Have a good day with your volunteer work today.  Most importantly enjoy that fine cup of coffee! 🙂

Take care.

images.png

Hi @Gazza75 @LadyleahRDBloom @Former-Member @BryanaCamp @Former-Member 

Gazza - there are pics for nearly everything in clipart - so if you type #clipart badly need coffee# or something similar into your browser you can find a feast of funny stuff like

It cures headaches tooIt cures headaches too We got coffee-muggedWe got coffee-mugged And you can add your own little captions - I do anyway - it's a form of self-entertainment

And it's so great to have you here and this thread is turning into a real coffee-care-and-share place - I feel like coming here every morning just to check everyone out and see if we are all okay.

Bryana - I'm sorry that you have been bereaved of your sympathic and caring elder - older people have so much wisdom and know exactly what to say when it seems we are battling to find it - I understand - it can be a hard time to get past

I have to get my coffee peeps - I slept in - it was wonderful doing it - even when I did wake up I felt like staying in my warm bed for longer and did - I think I overdid things yesterday - 

And we had another frosty morning in Melbourne but the sun is shining brilliantly today - I love days like this

Dec

Hi @Owlunar , thanks for the info about the pics, I'll have to try and give it a whirl.  I like the second one you made today LOL 🙂

It's nice to come here and check in with people, I feel the same way.  I hope you can iron out the aches and pains as the day goes on.  I'm glad you got your hair fixed up as well.  It sounds like a very nice day in Melbourne.  I don't mind the crisp mornings with the clear days, we're so fortunate with our weather really.  I spent some times overseas and they have much harsher climates through winter than we do.

Have a great day Dec, enjoy your coffee.  You are a great support and help to so many here. 🙂

Hi @Gazza75 

I think we are pretty lucky weather-wise in Australia - I have yet to travel overseas but Melbourne - 4 seasons in one day and all that - I definitely enjoy the variety but there are certain conditions that defy labels but I am not short of inventive ideas - so here we have a couple of Melbourne-weather-related Issues

The bleakiesThe bleakiesHere's the one that gets to me just before winter in Melbourne when the days are cold and still with heavy cloud - The Bleakies - terrible condition - survival but never fun - the weather does change though and then we get -

The Cold and FrostiesThe Cold and FrostiesWhich is better because the days can turn into

Beautiful weatherBeautiful weatherWhich always cheer me up

I am looking forward to going north for a few days soon - I have chronic pain syndrome and the cold weather makes it worse and even though it was sunny when I went out yesterday I could feel the cold getting through to my spine - I overdid but I liked getting out of the house and after all - better weather leads to the Feeling Betteries

That's enough for now - I can get out of control with the clipart sometimes

DecSmiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance