Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Weekly Friday Feast

I had an emergency dental appointment @Appleblossom But it was through my usual dentist, who works Saturdays, & managed to fit me in (somehow) when already fully booked.

It didn't hurt, but it was a huge hole in the tooth - & was very sensitive chewing anything.

It coincided with the severe shoulder pain (past 9 days or so) - that has been excruciating, & has left me unable to sleep through any night.

Due to a muscle & nerve injury (damage) that I'm still currently trying to get treated.

So I'm still in severe ongoing shoulder & neck pain, & am physically very weak & vague-headed at the moment.

It was the 2 things at once, that was almost impossible to manage (or work out how to) - because my mind & body are so befuddled & exhausted.

I hope that helps (maybe).

Adge

That's fine @Appleblossom It's impossible to keep track of all these posts everywhere different, at least for me (right now) it is.

So tired.

No A&E did not do the right or caring thing at all.

The trip into hospital, coming out with no treatment or the necessary scans - left me in a much weaker state, & in more pain than ever.

Thank you for your validation, I really appreciate it.

I hope you can get your tooth fixed soon. Teeth braking is stressful, at least for me it is.

My dentist seems to think that I need to somehow accept it as a (semi) regular occurence (3 times in the past year) - due to getting old he said.

Adge

Mine is just a giant hole in side of mouth. Not in pain with it atm I will call dentist tomorrow Monday.

Concerned about you @Adge 

It is a lot of things to manage at once, and sounds as if the ambulance trip was a waste of time and money.

Yes pear shaped all at once is absolutely right @Appleblossom

Adge

Are you aware if you grind at night. @Adge I had not heard it was normal for them to break.

My dentist said I had a 3 cracked teeth and bad bruxism.

Yes you are right @Appleblossom The ambulance trip will cost me $900, which hopefully (not absolutely sure) my ancillary extras health cover will refund - unless they say that it wasn't an emergency.

I'm confused & worried about that one.

It was a waste of time & money - the ambulance call-out, & the trip to A&E.

They sent me home with no pain meds (for shoulder & neck), & none of the scans that they said I would have to get - Ultrasound & or MRI

Actually left me in a worse state, & untreated (it did).

I really can't deal with so many serious things happening all at once like that.

All the best with getting your tooth fixed soon.

Adge

I am not aware of grinding at night @Appleblossom

But my dentist thinks that I may be grinding my teeth (without realising it).

Adge

If the signs of bruxism are there, and it sounds like it is, then it is apparently wise to wear a properly fitted night guard. (not just a sports one size fits all)

I have not been able to afford to get mine done yet ... so my dentist will probably feel validated when I call.

@Adge Heart

Yes it helps me to be able to talk about things.  Many things.  The gamut.

Smiley Happy

Being in high level pain for so long is awful.

I need to log off, but Take Care

Heart

I am a bit worried about @Former-Member she is thinking of leaving but I dont think she has managed to close her account.

Lapses.  Not sure if it is any help, but missing you.

Heart

Hello feasters. Hope you've all had a good week. Cat Happy

This week Australia's had some wild weather, rain, fire, wind! Sending well wishes to everyone - stay safe.

What's for dinner tonight?

Tonight I have a specific craving for honey roasted carrots! 

Anyone have any food cravings? 

Honey-Garlic-Roasted-Carrots-9.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @thecolourblue and a good evening to feasters.   @TAB @greenpea @Lilyq @eth @Appleblossom @Adge @Shaz51 @eudemonism @Jacques @Bimby2 @Flying_Hams  

images (25).jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance