Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Eh87
Contributor

Support group

I'm looking for a local support group for depression. Does anyone know how to find any? I'm in Caboolture, qld
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Support group

Hi there @Eh87,

Queensland Voice has a directory of mental health support services in Queensland which includes some services in your area.

Also, the Caboolture Community Health Centre offers a few support groups, although I don't think they have one for depression. But I'd hope that if you ring and ask, they might be able to tell you if there's a group that meets somewhere else local to you. Their number is (07) 5433 8300.

I hope you're able to find a group near you soon. In the meantime, although it's not the same, there are some online resources for people managing depression, including This Way Up.

Best of luck to you!

blithe

Re: Support group

@Eh87 I live in Narangba and I recommend giving your community centre (the one behind the hospital) a call. I'm seeing a D&A counsellor weekly for no charge and he's been more helpful than my previous psych. You can just see a regular counsellor of course, but they also have so much info on groups/classes/events and more usually at no cost.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance