Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Some good news

Hi @BlueBay . Thanks for sharing your good news! I'm so happy for you. Well done forumite friend. I'm really happy that you have decided to start up this new thread. I think it will help cheer some people up when they read about others good news here on the forums like it has done for me.

As for me, my good news is I finally drove a manual car for the first time in forever since my car has decided to mess up with some engine emission light thing again - requires another trip to the mechanic yet will have to wait since money is tight! It was kinda fun driving manual since my car is automatic and it reminded me of what it would be like to drive a race car. 

Thanks for the good news once again. Keep it up! 

Judi9877

Hey @Judi9877 

@thanks got your reply. 😊

simetimes we need some good news 

have a nice day xxoo

Hi @Judi9877 @grayhorn @MDT @WIP @Anastasia @Owlunar @Maggie @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Emelia8 and ithers 

On Sunday while looking through Facebook I came across my 2bd cousin overseas. Her grandparents are my Aunty and uncle

i posted a comment saying hi. Next thing she. Communicated with me and sent me a photo of my Aunty who I haven't seen for 40 years. 
it was really nice and we will keep in touch. She told me that she talks to her about her brother (my dad) all the time. 

I then received a msg from a first cousin in Melbourne requesting friends on fb. I replied and we are now talking sgsin.  Haven't seen her for 10 years.

I have been thinking about another first cousin who we spent every weekend at their house. I heard that her dad and brother have died and her mum in care. There's only her left. I'm trying to see if I can see her again with her it's been over 30 years. 

I couldn't believe it - Sunday was a day to connect with family. 

oh a side note - my mum is not happy thst both me and my sister are talking to our cousins. Do you know what - tough!! 
I can talk to anyone I want to. I'm not a child anymore controlled by my mum. 

People who need to control other's lives tend to try to isolate them from relationships and supports @BlueBay ..... I am so, so happy to hear you are re-establishing these relationships ❣️

Thankyou @Faith-and-Hope  xxx

I'm delighted to hear that you are re-establishing connections with some of your long lost relatives @BlueBay  🌺  I think thats lovely and I hope you are able to maintain a dialogue with them over the long term.

And I totally agree with your reaction to your Mum not being happy about it .... tough indeed!!! 👍💖🤗💞😊

I think its great @BlueBay ... it really was a day for family reconnect.

Emelia 

@BlueBay  That’s really good to hear. Something positive for you and your extended family.

Your mum is the one missing out. Make the most of the good in your life. You deserve it. 💙💙💙

That is lovely news @BlueBay thank you for sharing xxx

That's really good news @BlueBay, to be reconnecting with extended family members - how nice for you ❣️

That's the right attitude to have towards your Mums reaction. She's the one missing out.

Have fun restablishing your relationship with your cousins. x

Great news @BlueBay Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance