Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

Share some good news!!!

Hi everyone,

I thought it would be a good start to the year to write any good news here 🙂

So I am going to start with some very exciting news:

My son (24 yr old) has been accepted into the police force.  He passed his panel interview last Friday. They told him it would take 3 weeks but he received an email today.  He now has to wait for induction at the Academy. I guess they will phone him soon.

I AM THE PROUDEST MUM EVER!!!  is an understatement.  I am so proud of him, he has wanted this for years and failed once but kept trying.  I am so happy for him, when he rang me and told me I was almost crying and then I phoned my sister and a few close friends.  It's like I got into the Academy.  But I am feeling that this year is a really good start; next we sell our home and then move into a place that we decide and pick for us, with no parents involvment.  I AM SOOOOO HAPPY!!!!! 🙂  🙂  🙂

40 REPLIES 40
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Share some good news!!!

wow! congrats @BlueBay that's so good for your son! and yes, lots of great things to come 🙂 you've worked hard to get here!

Thanks @Former-Member
The only sad part is I can't share this with my parents.

Hello @BlueBay

Congratulations to your son being accepted into the Police Force, that is fantastic news! I bet you are proud, he couldn't have done that without your support, it is a shame you are unable to tell your parents.

Also, exciting times moving into a place of your choice, have you seen anything that you like yet?

So happy for you!

Lunar 🙂

Hi @Lunar I am sorry for not replying or even liking your reply.  I don't know how I missed it!! But thank you for your post.

Hi @Decadian @utopia @Former-Member @Zoe7 @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Former-Member @oceangirl @Change123 @NikNik @CherryBomb @suzanne @Appleblossom @Kurra and anyone else I have forgotten (sorry!!)

I have some exciting news, I can't keep it a secret.  My daughter and her boyfriend called in and we had a bbq lunch together which was really nice.  Starting talking and out comes 'we are having a baby'.  OMG shock horror, I couldn't believe it, I was in shock and probably still am.  You are all the first to know!!!!

I am so happy for them but would have loved for them to have been engaged or married.  I am being old fashion now??  I have to think as long as the baby is healthy it doesn't matter that they aren't engaged or married.  I know they will one day.

I know they are so happy together and love each, she is 25 and he is 27.  I don't want to tell anyone else just yet (except all you guys) because she has to have an ultrasound to see how far she is and we will wait another few more weeks before she tells everyone.  We are the only ones that know.

This year has already so many changes, son got into the police force and now daughter pregnant. As well as moving some time in the near future.

I have always wanted to be a grandma, I just couldn't wait.  To be able to be close to my daughter, share this with her and be able to be a fantastic grandma and be involved in everything.

Nothing like my parents ever did for me or my children. 😞

So this Christmas there will be an addition to our family Christmas.  I am so happy, but still have to wait for ultrasound.

I think my daughter was really scared to tell me but she and her boyfriend are relieved that they have told us and that we will help them as much as we can.

They are trying to save money to buy a house together so for the time being they may have to live with us. OMG I am so happy, I want to tell the world but can't just yet.  Me and my big mouth 🙂 🙂 HeartHeart

@BlueBay That is such wonderful news for you. It really seems like things are looking up for you and your family - you deserve this happiness sooooo much. You will be a wonderful grandma! Keep hold of that feeling and keeping moving forward. So so happy for you HeartHeartHeart

Thank you @Zoe7.

I know I shouldn't get too excited just yet until all scans and tests are done. But i just couldn't help myself.

I remember how it was to be a mum, how it feels to hold a baby and to watch them grow. This now, my daughter will be able to appreciate and nuture her own baby.  And I will be there for her every step of the way.

WOw wow, wow @BlueBay

That is wonderful and exciting news ever my friend

Congratulations xoxoxo

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_2717.GIF

@BlueBay

Thats really exciting news. You have lots to look forward to this year

💜🤗💐👶🤰

@BlueBay Keep the positive vibes going that everything will be fine and work out. It is ok to get excited and I have no doubt that you will share every bit of affection and knowledge you have with your daughter and the baby. You have raised some wonderful kids yourself and they would have learnt so many things from you that they will carry with them in their own lives. You should be so proud of all your kids and especially of yourself for nurturing them and giving them the life they have had under extremely difficult circumstances for you. Such strength and so much resilience - take this happiness and run with it my friend. Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance