Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Saturday Soiree - all welcome!!

Thanks @eth 

Today has been okay - not quite as icy as it has been over the weekend and considering tomorrow's anniversary I have been doing okay - this year has been so different

So I went shopping with my worker and have some fresh vegetables to cook with my chops for dinner tonight - I am looking forward to this - I also saw my doctor and he was surprised that I had been away - I guess he was pretty busy 

I seem to have caught up with my chores since I got home - of course I had a lot of washing - don't we all when we have been away - the first load dried over night in the warm room and I have the second load airing now

Twice I have had bad dreams - they do leave us feeling strange when we wake up - that's normal - I have read Carl Jung on dream analysis at university and these dreams which very vivid - didn't need any indepth explanation - very straight forward and horrible - normal though

The difference I have been feeling compared with other years even last year has been incredible - I think we never ever get over that kind of trauma - any serious trauma really - but we can somehow come to some kind of acceptance - yes - it's was terrible and always will be but we can endure and to live the best life possible - we need to learn how and maybe I have.

I wish I could teach it though

Dec

Hi @MDT 

I did make myself a toasty sandwich with canned stew - excellent for cold weather - I have a strong preference for fresh vegetables and eat a lot of them and make a lot of vegetable soup - today I am cooking my "casserole in a pot" with carrots, sprouts and meat - I get two days out of that

I like baked beans on toast too - I would have enjoyed that if I hadn't the canned stew

I am not in NDIS - I was on the DSP when I first started this wonderful adventure with chronic pain syndrome - by the name they brought in the NDIS I was well and truly a Senior Citizen on the Age Pension and after a rough start with the services available years ago I did land on my feet and have a good range of services - one of these is a social visit once a fortnight - sometimes we go to the shopping mall - or walk out on the pier or just have a coffee and chat - yesterday it was a trip to the supermarket because I have been away and missed my regular helper last week

My oven checked out - no electrical damage from the spillage I had a couple of weeks back - now I will be getting it professionally cleaned - it would stink up the house again if I used it now

All the best today @MDT 

Dec

sounds like a lot of things @Owlunar

I hope you take it easy today with all these things on your plate (nice pun lol)

Nice to hear from you. I like reading your updates and hearing from you 🙂

Hi again @MDT 

I am glad you like reading my up-dates and yes - I do have lots happening at the moment - and catching up after a few days on the Sunshine Coast - the weather was wonderful there - I don't want to rub it in for people stuck in icy Melbourne though - but it was good to get away

A lot on my plate - yes - good pun - this happens from time to time - my weeks always seem busy with the various things that happen with my helpers and other appointments - also I do cook a lot - I enjoy that - and having a spill in my oven that poured smoke everywhere was an accident - this won't happen again - that really stank btw - whew

I had my A/C (reverse cycle) serviced a couple of weeks back - it wasn't working very well and now it is - I am glad I had this done - it needed it - the grills inside get blocked with dust very quickly - and the difference is incredibly good

Dec

Hi everyone - soiree is on again, so welcome if you drop in.  Just a place to hang out and socialize on a quiet forum day.  Hope today is going well for you and you are getting support if you want it at the moment.  Peaceful vibes to all ...

@Shaz51 

@Gazza75, @BryanaCamp , @outlander , @Sherry , @Appleblossom , @CheerBear , @Teej , @frog , @greenpea , @Dec  , @Kurra , @Exoplanet , @Sans911 , @Snowie , @Razzle , @BlueBay , @oceangirl , @Faith-and-Hope , @Zoe7 , @Maggie , @utopia , @Darcy , @Wanderer , @Ant7 , @Mazarita , @Hope4me , @LadyleahRDBloom , @Adge , @Hamsolo01 , @TAB , @Determined , @Nay69 , @Smc , @BlueBells @soul , @Bimby2 @Doglover @Farmchick @Pilgrim @Queenie @saturnzoon @kk3 @Mystie @Annie_7 @P12 @Dadcaringalone @Silenus @nashy @s-jay @Moderator s  @PurpleKathy

@tennisplayer69 @Mic65536 @Georgie1 @Annie_7 @eudemonism @Ali11 @Pineapple99 @reecey @Anna00 @Sunrise @Former-Member @Alone @Former-Member @LeFreak and any one I've missed (sorry if I have).  Welcome to anyone new to the forums and hello to anyone who I haven't met yet.

Looking forward to seeing anyone who pops in here today.  A gorgeous clear, cold and sunny morning here.   I'll be here on and off all day except the early afternoon.  Have a support worker for 3 hours then.  Planning to go to a friend's art exhibition, stop at the beach for a little while, and if there's time have a go at cooking on my induction hotplate with her - I've had it 2 1/2 years and not been brave enough to try it!

What do you have on today?  Maybe it's a self-care day, maybe you're heading out, maybe a bit of both.

Let's share 1 self-care activity that we do - for me it's going to water tai chi twice a week.  Aside from being good for my body (mobility, strength and balance) it's also fantastic for my mind - puts me in a zen zone like nothing else can and is good for left/right brain interaction which they say has all sorts of benefits.  Totally takes me away from everything outside the pool.  Is there anything like that that works for you?

Good morning @eth and everyone,

its freezing here today. But I’ll go for a walk later today.

For me yoga works, just gentle yoga, not the hard stuff. I don’t do it often enough though.

water tai chi sounds different, never heard of it before.

have a nice day

Hi @Former-Member  yes  yoga is wonderful.  I did a lot of it when I was younger and still do some of the stretches if my body is telling me I need to.  Enjoy your walk!

Some nice music for the morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPBLbKwRAkw&t=2525s

Hi @Gazza75  how are you travelling today?

Hi @eth, doing alright thanks. Just at the gym for a little while  Nice music choice today.

How are you? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance