Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Ikk
New Contributor

Please reply

I dont know what to do anymore I find that everyday feels like an endless loop and I have no motivation or reason to live anymore. I have been struggling with self harm and some drug abuse. Everyone that does try to help though just recommends to think positive or other solutions that aren’t any help. I physically cannot get out of bed anymore and get up to do anything I really need help but I don’t know how to ask for it that well I just feel like I’m annoying someone but I know I’ll have to eventually before it gets too bad. I have been struggling with a lot of suicidal thoughts someone please reply back and help somehow  if you can thankyou

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Please reply

Hi IKK,
Sorry to hear you are experiencing a tough time. You don't need to go through this alone. I have sent you and email
regards lola

Welcome, @Ikk ...I can definitely empathise with the suicidal thoughts and not being able to get out of bed, from past experience. 😢

Do you have any professional support? Like a counsellor, meds, psychologist or psychiatrist?

If not, then the first step is to visit your GP and ask for a Mental Health Care Plan. This will entitle you to 10 subsidised sessions with a psychologist per year. The only thing is that psychologists are so overwhelmed with demand at the moment that it could take 6 months to get in to see one. But it's a good idea to get on the waiting list now. 

You can help this process by googling then ringing round psychologists in your area to ask: are they taking new patients at the moment, what is the wait time for a new patient to start, what are the costs, etc. Then you can take a name to your GP for the Mental Health Care Plan referral. (GPs might not know which psychologists are taking new patients and which have stopped as they are full.)

An important forum tip is if you type @ and then click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

I hope you find the forums supportive...

@Ikk Thanks for posting.

Some days are harder, than others.

- Work through the day, step by step.

- Work over the issues that present to yourself, daily, work over/ around/ through, those issues

- Exercise, even a small walk, is a great way of dealing with anything, really

- Stay strong

Remember, talking is good also.

Talk to a counsellor, as specified on this site.

Thanks, @ikk 

Hey @Ikk ,

Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry to hear how hard things are for you right now. As @NatureLover mentioned, it's a similar place many members on these forums have been in before, including myself. 

I recognise that what people tell you such as 'think positive' is not the most helpful when you are in the thick of things. Can you think of what will help?

Please know you are not alone. By connecting with others on the forums, I hope you feel supported and feel a sense of deep connection and belonging. Sometimes, just having this will get us through the difficult times.

I'm here if you need a chat. Please take care.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance