Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Night Shift

@Former-Member crossover messages between us! I'll keep talking with you here. Smiley Happy

I'm okay today, just kind of hungover from an all-nighter last night. How's your evening been? Anything on tomorrow?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Haha, yes it probably would be more sensible to do that.

Oh no! You must be exhausted. Hope you can recover and get enough rest.

My evening has been stressful, I had assessments due and only submitted one, my studies going a lot like last time: constantly interrupted and failing.
Frustrating the hell out of me.

Tomorrow I'm at the dentist, fingers crossed I don't have another cavity... Been too tired to bother brushing my teeth before bed most nights.

What are you up to tomorrow?
Former-Member
Not applicable

I just want to intercept this conversation to say I find it highly fitting that @Former-Member would make a post in November.

I am doing a reading challenge this year and I don't know when to start Tenth of December... seriously though, good to see you!

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member,

Nice to hear from you.

Well if you're looking for books to read might I suggest starting with Morris Gleitzmen's "Once" series? I grew up with it and the main character, so yes it starts out "young". It's about a Jewish boy living through World War II, and you become quite engrossed in the story. I became quite attached to the characters and am desperately waiting for the last book that keeps being delayed.

There are also the classics you probably would have grown up with the movies by Hans Christian Andersen, Grimm's Brothers, Mary Shelley, Oscar Wilde, Homer, etc. I LOVE THE CLASSICS!

I have quite a collection of books so I am than happy to suggest books, though I tend to lean towards historical fiction/non-fiction, crime, classics, and of course I indulge in nostalgia reading Shirley Barbara's fairly; mermaid; and pixie books... If nothing else the illustrations are breathtaking.

Sorry for the long post, as you can see I'm quite passionate about books Smiley Very Happy

Good luck with the reading challenge!

Hi @Former-Member sorry we ended up missing each other last night. I hung around for a while but I see now you had not tagged me in that last post you made so I didn't get notified you were still there. Funny that back and forth across discussion threads and then we missed having an actual chat!

Anyway, I am fairly regularly around late at night at the moment, so maybe we'll run into each other again. I have a deep interest in poetry and sometimes write it as well. In the past I have read masses and masses of novels of all kinds. Hope you enjoy your evening.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh whoops! I'm sorry I completely forgot to tag you! I usually set it to notify me when someone replies and took for granted that others do too.

I've really been getting into poetry lately, though I'll admit I used to think it was overated, I think I can attribute that to teachers wanting us to analyse and scrutinise every word and pattern back in my schooling days.

Please post your poetry sometime! (If you would be so willing) I would love to read it.

How was your day? My evening is going far better than last, I hope yours is going well too.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Florence
I just saw this, I am so sorry that you have to put up with that.

I can relate, though it is probably best I do not go into details.

I hope things improve for you.

Okay if going to go dates how bout Bastille Day .. was my maternal grandmother's birthday ok she was born around 120 yrs ago now think dropped off 93 maybe
Am debating not going to father's funeral. Mother went 3 years ago. Father wont give up. Dont want to see rels. Weight was made comment of last time , way worse now

hoot
hanging out for cup of tea and nap.

sunday i had the bright idea of sleeping earlier... still,awake at 5 and 6am

Hey. Dentist finally agreed to see me after constant pain fm tooth extraction
Think backing off 14hrs sleep a day now lolo..
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance