Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Chrisz33
New Contributor

My mental health experience

Hello everyone reading, So I don’t really know where to begin but I was always a really anxious person even as a young kid I would get really nervous over nothing I would literally be anxious about be anxious I never had any panic attacks or anxiety attacks but it was still bad enough that it interferes with my life I was never really able to have fun with my friends because I would always be nervous it really impacted my life and only got worse as time went on eventually in middle school I was bullied a lot and things really took a turn for the worse I became very depressed and I lost all respect for myself and I honestly didn’t care about anything anymore I went to therapy and it helped with my depression a lot. But things ended up getting really bad in junior year in high school when I smoked weed for the first time I became very paranoid and ended up having an anxiety attack I believed I was going to lose my mind. The day after the anxiety attack everything felt unreal and it felt like I was in a dream. Now in my senior year of high school I still have these feelings and I feel like I’m going to lose touch with reality for good. I feel so disconnected from the world around me I feel like I’m a psychopath I don’t care about anything anymore school, work, family, friends it’s like it doesn’t mean anything to me anymore. If anyone can help please

reply thanks:)

3 REPLIES 3

Re: My mental health experience

It is sad you are going through so much. @Chrisz33 Sometimes when we think too much we put the worst labels on ourselves.

I hope you have ongoing support through Mind or other services.

It took me a long time to learn to laugh and find humour in life.  Keep reaching out.

I'll tag a few people if you dont mind.

@Flying_Hams @outlander @Sans911 @Shaz51

It is sad you are going through so much. @Chrisz33

hello and welcome to the forum Heart

how old are you ?

@Flying_Hams, @outlander, @Eden1919

hi @Chrisz33
it all sounds very tough for you, well done for reaching out.
Do you think you would be comfortable on talking to your gp about how your feeling? they can support you as well as refer you to other services such as headspace who deals with young members of the community.

Ill link in some sites that i think would be helpful for you as well. i find them quite helpful myself when looking for some information.

https://kidshelpline.com.au/

https://headspace.org.au/

https://au.reachout.com/

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance