Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: My big news... I think????

The finished product. 

Went home today and I got some nice choclates as well. Yum. The pics will not show till tomorrow probably. There was a few paint jobs too. 

Mended stein (2).jpgmended stein 1 (2).jpgmended stein 4 (2).jpgmended stein 5 (2).jpg

@Powderfinger , that’s gorgeous work! Well done!

@Gwynn thank you! 

I've been giving myself a hard time that it wasn't good enough. I don't think.I would be though if I wasn't going through what I am right now. If somebody likes my work, then it must be good enough. 

@Powderfinger 

days late again, but so excited for  you.

I am familiar with Kintsugi. I love that whole philosophy. I am a real make do and mend kinda girl.

One of my dreams is "slow fashion from fast fashion". I have boxes and boxes of discarded clothes in the shed that I want to eventually remodel into more timeless pieces. One of the things I will do once I leave full-time office work and become a celbrant. Hats and bags as well, made from discarded clothing.

I belong to a social media group called focussed on upcycling. People are doing amazing art work with other people's trash. Art and clothes and practical pieces. I find the group very inspiring. All I need is time.

So much wastage is ruining our planet. 

I am thrilled for you and your burgeoning cottage industry.

WELL DONE xoxo

@SJT63 

It's ok.thst it is days late. I.think it's becoming more clear to many Australians how much waste there is. I'm growing more conscious than I was too and I was conscious of this before. 

I love your idea for clothes! I'm always looking for alternatives as I don't always like buying from big department stores. I hope you get to retire soon so you can live your dreams. I knew someone once who was studying to be a marriage celebrant. It was really challenging she said. There is so much you have to learn and know. 

There are amazing people out there doing amazing things to create a more sustainable world. I.think.we should keep moving in this direction and keep.reducing waste. 

Thank you.for being excited about it for me. We will.see how it goes. 

Xx

Hey @Powderfinger 

The pictures are here 🙂

What a fabulous eye for detail you are blessed with. How did the chairs turn it, I'd love to see their transformation. Go you!!!!

@SJT63 @Gwynn @Maggie 👋👋👋🙂🙂🙂🌹🌹🌹

Lovely @Powderfinger 👍👍👍

Hello @Anastasia 

Thank you for reminding me about my eye for detail. Yes, I am blessed with this. I appreciate the compliments. The chairs are still a work in progress, but I will post the final result once they are finished. I'm at the taking them apart stage right now, then the next part will be sending them. That's about halfway through the job. Thank you for your support. It does mean a lot!! 

Ramble. Xx

@Maggie thank you. Hope you are well. ♥️🧡💚🌷🌈☀️

I love that art gives you such a wonderful sense of achievement. I love too that we all share that common interest. 

Hugs to both of you @Powderfinger @Maggie 🤗🌸🌼🌻🐝🙏✔️💜💐

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance